What is Cookie Option - Allow for All Sites?

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm
Hello

Can you please explain what is the difference between the two options in cookie - Allow Cookies and Allow for all Sites?
If Allow for all sites means other websites different from the one I am using your template on, how can I remove it?
I will prefer allowing consent for my site alone.

Thank you for your help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:13 pm
Hi,
all sites - means all resources from other sites, when for example : when template is using addcional file from external website
but to be honest - who care, nobody from EU government will check it in details until your website is not official.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 pm
Hi Oscar

Thank you for explaining the difference.
This is what I will like to do. I want to change Allow for all Sites to Allow Cookies. Then I want to remove the original Allow Cookies.
Can you guide me on how to do this without tampering with the core file in case of future update?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:09 pm
Hi

Anyone can help me here? I am yet to make any progress on this.

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:43 pm
You can disable cookies system from template settings using this same method which you used to enable it
and instead use commercial / free plugin (or module) what ever you want.

Sorry but we cannot offer code customization services during support.

1) All code you will find in template folder , start from that file: gk_TemplateName\layouts\blocks\cookielaw.php
Platinum Boarder