upgrade to php 5.4 & site doesn't work anymore

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:10 pm
Hi,

my current site was joomla 2.5 & gavick template YourShop, I wanted to upgrade to joomla 3, so I asked the hosting if it was possible upgrade their php to 5.4+,

Now they have done it without notice and my site doesn't work anymore,

When I login into MySql, I see all tables are still there and with FTP, I see all files are also there.

I did of course a lot last weeks on my website and just have no latest akeeba backup,

Any advise how I can reinstall everything, also the extra extensions and modules installed, without loosing anything ?

Thanks for any urgent reply,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:45 pm
SOLVED

I found out that my hosting company changed the login into mysql, so I changed the configuration.php file, uploaded it with ftp,

The hosting company added a file index.html to put site offline. Also deleted this file.

After this, site was again alive !
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 pm
Hi

Great to hear that. Thread closed than :)