Always an Error, Everyday.

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:04 pm
I don't understand why I ONLY -- ONNNLY have issues with Gavick Designs, this is and will be the last time I explain myself, I am tired of the errors out of the blue, just popping up, screwing up the site, especially when I turn error reporting off, and Gavick has the nurgasity to make sure the error reporting is turned on. These errors MUST be corrected within 24 hours or I will file a complaint with the BBB, The owner of the web site, Joomla! and seek legal remedy since Gavick has yet to login into the web site and fix one DAMN thing I have asked to be fixed.

Sharing to Facebook from Jom Social, the thumbnail does carry over with the post. MUST BE FIXED.

Errors just populate for NO DAMN reason, and disappear FOR NO DAMN REASON! If I find out that Gavick has unauthorized access to this design within my hosting server, I will sue Gavick and prosecute the person who did access unlawfully. I have never in 10 years of experience has a error just generate to the web site for no DAMN reason.

Especially when I have set the error reporting off, and in my php.ini set it to only log the errors for developers only.

The box for the members on GK_Musicstate looks like SHIT, in the position of Bottom4. IT MUST BE FIXED.

I PAID FOR SUPPORT AND THE TEMPLATES; I DEMAND SUPPORT AND ERRORS TO FIXED AND CORRECTED WHEN I ASK, NOT ARGUEMENTS, NOT CASUUAL CONVERSATIONS. This is the drawing point where I will not tolerate the ignorance of the Gavick Team.

Someone better come in communication with me immediately.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 pm
All I can say is work is great, the company lacks security in their work...... Which makes the work horrifically horrible.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:19 pm
Hi

Can You please tell me something more about errors appearing ? Please set errors in php.ini to be shown again and send me an access to joomla panel and ftp. We do not have an access of any kind hidden in packages.

From the brief informations I suspect problem may be connected with cache. Probably from time to time cache is not made correctly showing errors and site works ok when it gets refreshed. I'll check it.

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:19 am
I can't upload screen shots, why does your web site have errors? What is a matter with this company?!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:20 am
The file is to big and I am not doing any extra work because Gavick only allows 500KiB, up the size of the file upload in your php.ini.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 am
Hi

We cannot rise the allowed file size upload because of a security reasons. If Your file is bigger than allowed size please use our ticket system https://www.gavick.com/supportdesk/inde ... ets/Submit

I've already given some ideas, like disabling JCH, which in my opinion may be causing this problems while combining ja/css files which may not get along. But it was all just guessing without seeing this problem with my own eyes and without an access to joomla panel (I will probably ask for FTP access so I'll be able to fix problems when I will address them, so You may include it in ticket).

As I said before I first need to know the url to the problem and a screenshot of how You see it, because while I'm clicking through the website the issues mentioned do not appear for me. Please also tell me what browser You are using, maybe it's related with some browsers only.

Also You have mentioned in PM:

JCH has been disabled, so has caching of the template and all compression has been turned off. The issue still exist and now Facebook does not work.

What does it mean ? Do you mean a login to facebook or sharing ? Or just icon/button not appear. I'm really trying to help, but with so few informations I simply can't. So please help me a little bit with this.

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 pm
Hello,

The following problems are:

1.) when sharing to Facebook, the thumbnail does not post with the content shared to Facebook. (All other Facebook errors were non-gavick related and were caused by my cookies.)
2.) When anyone logs on to the web site; the following message is shown "Login Successful"
3.) When anyone logouton to the web site; the following message is shown "Logout Successful"
4.) When you log off of Jom Social using Hello Me, your taken to the home page of Joomla! not the front page of Jom Social
5.) Within our shop (registered access only) when someone goes to check out, the pop-up is working with only displaying a white page. It is Hickashop.
6.) The top members on the home page of Joomla in position Bottom4 (Gavick Template) the top members images are distorted only in this module.

This is the list of our issues on the web site, everything is running smooth and we believe this is the stable version for us to lunch, just the above needs to be fixed.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 pm
Thank you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:12 pm
Ticket and screenshots submitted.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:18 am
Also, when you upload a picture via wall cover option, you must upload > Close and reopen to select the image, when you should be able to upload the picture, see that it is being uploaded and select it. I would troubleshoot it better. I also reviewed a copy of the code. I did not see anything abnormal about it.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:03 am
Hi

I can see Your site is down for a moment. I suppose that's a temporary problem, so I'll check again in an hour or two.

I've seen screenshots and I suspect the white popup on frontpage is the "clear" bug I've mentioned already. So if it is this one I know how to fix already.

But interesting one is the white popup in backend. Any part of our template is affecting joomla panel in other place than template configuration. But I'll check it as soon as I'll have a chance.

For Facebook thumb please tell me an example url of a page. But it could be because of script using only a full/intro image in joomla regular article and a K2 image in K2 items. It's ok on most of the sites, but if Your structure is different than it can be a problem. Fastest way would be to replace our Open Graph plugin with a different, more flexible one.

Last question and I'll start monitor when Your site will be online to fix problems:

2.) When anyone logs on to the web site; the following message is shown "Login Successful"
3.) When anyone logouton to the web site; the following message is shown "Logout Successful"

do You want me to remove this messages?

teitbite
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 am
Hi

Site works already. I was able to get behind htpassword but any of the user/password combination You send me in ticket works to enter joomla panel. Please check that and send me the correct one.

teitbite
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 am
Hi

FTP access is not working as well. I'm sending You a screenshot via ticket to show You what I configured in ftp client, but it does not even asks for password, just a message: "The connect() operation on the socket timed out."

teitbite
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:14 pm
Hi

I have one fix already. Will leave an url to it so I will not forget to implement it when I'll have ftp access.

https://github.com/GavickPro/Templates/ ... t-67468105

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:30 pm
I sent the ticket support. FTP access was included. If you were accessing the web site last night our ISP was going trough a upgrade and was down overnight, our services has been restored.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 pm
Hi

Ok. I just tried to login to ftp again and still the same issue (screen attached).

I'm gonna explain what to do to implement the fix for login popup.

Please edit template's /js/gk.scripts.js file and replace code:

Code: Select all
popup_overlay.click( function() {
         if(opened_popup == 'login')   {
            popup_overlay.fadeOut('medium');
            popup_login.removeClass('gk3Danim');
            setTimeout(function() {
               popup_login.animate({
                  'opacity' : 0
               },350, 'swing');
            }, 100);

}
      });

to

popup_overlay.click( function() {
         if(opened_popup == 'login')   {
            popup_overlay.fadeOut('medium');
            popup_login.removeClass('gk3Danim');
            setTimeout(function() {
               popup_login.animate({
                  'opacity' : 0
               },350, 'swing', , function() {
                  popup_login.css('display', 'none');
               });
            }, 100);

}
      });

next step is to add before this code:

setTimeout(function() {
               popup_login.animate({'opacity':1, 'height': popup_login_h},200, 'swing');
               opened_popup = 'login';
               popup_login.addClass('gk3Danim');
            }, 450);

this line:

popup_login.css('display', 'block');

For login in popup I would also recommend to use JomSocial's Hello Me module instead. I believe it has a login on it's own with extended functionality than regular login module.

Send me an access to joomla panel. I got 2 already, but none of them is working. Please maybe check if permissions are high enought to let me into administrator part or if it's activated.

And please answer the questions I asked 2 posts above.

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 am
I sent you correct joomla login, ftp was re-enabled. You can work, i did apply the fix, but please review my work to make sure I did that right....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:48 am
Javascript is just broken everywhere. I sent you access and enabled the sftp. Please try again and check PM
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 pm
Hi

Yes I have an FTP working, but cannot find a right path to the website in folder structure. Also the new joomla panel account is still not working. Please check if it's activated.

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 pm
I am going to send you another pm, I will check your login.

I just need all java fixed at the moment.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:28 am
THANK YOU!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:32 pm
Hi

Javascript errors were comming from JCH compression. jQuery 1.8 and jQuery 1.11 were compressed together giving a lot of issues. I've excluded this 2 files and also some bigger libraries like mootools or bootstrap from compression as well to avoid such problems with specific modules or script overrides.

For facebook issue I've disabled our open graph plugin to test it and I can see this in header:

<meta content="" property="og:title">
<meta content="website" property="og:type">
<meta content="https://www.upncomershiphop.com/" property="og:image">
<meta content="" property="og:site_name">
<meta content="" property="og:description">

which means there is something stripping the values. Unfortunately I do not know which extensio could it be.

I've also located the top users module and the problem with it is a missing module class suffix: "normal-width"

Unfortunately still have not seen the popup issue either the one in frontend or the other backend related.