loading in localhost

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:21 pm
I have followed the instructions to :
Installing the Quickstart in just a few steps
Open your preferred browser and navigate to the address (for example, http://www.mysite.com) or directory on your server where you will perform the installation. The installation screen will come up:

1 How does one "Navigate to the address" in the Xampp directory?
2 what file will bring up the configuration screen?

3 I did install the Joomla module from bitnami and their sample joomla page works.
Is this wrong?

I also installed the Joomla script on the hosting service.
Is this wrong also?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:25 pm
You need to install quickstart as you would do with standard joomla installation package, there is no specificity in our quickstart (its basically Joomla installation with added modules and template).

"3 I did install the Joomla module from bitnami and their sample joomla page works." - could you please be more specific, I don't get that part.

"I also installed the Joomla script on the hosting service." - could you please also reparaphrase that question?