GK Contact not working

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:49 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with the plugin GK Contact in my site working with Joomla! 2.5 (using the Creativity Template).

The problem is that the contact form is not sending any mails.

I already tried with every type of mail configuration.
I will attach my email configuration.

Thanks!

PD: my site is psicoeducarte.org
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:58 pm
hi,
1) check if your default joomla contact component also send (not send) messages
2) on your screenshot in thing is strange, you forgot set SMTP in "Gestor de correco"
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 pm
Oscar,

Thanks for your answer.

I changed the configuration to SMTP (i tried it before too) and it's still not working.
The joomla contact works perfectly.

Is there any way to use the joomla contact form in that place in the homepage?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 pm
have you got any message after sending? Or just normal, message was send?
p.s.
And if this is not a problem for you, please use another contact module - maybe something else on server settings blocks our plugin. And without customization we can not help :( this is only brick so replace with working one. Do not worry.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:41 pm
Oscar,

I didn't recieve any message.

I tried with another custom modules. Those modules worked good, but i need to pay to delete the copyright there and that's not an option.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 pm
There are almost 10 or even more free contact modules - so please search better: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tact-forms

Try for example: SP Quick Contact (free)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:00 pm
Oscar,

Again, thanks for your reply.

As i said, i cannot find any working and free contact form to use in a custom html module to mantain the structure of my site.

I really need the creativity contact form working, that's why i'm using this template.

The SP Quick Contact doesn't work in my site because i need to place it in a menu option, and that destroys the structure of my site. My client doesn't like it.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:10 pm
Maybe you should try Form component and you will build any contact form you want.
Sorry probably nobody will customize this free plugin to work on your server,
in most cases it just works without any problems if people add rights settings into plugin.

p.s.
Building similar contact field using form component is should take you less than 5 minutes.
You bought template and it's works , plugin it's only add-on.
If all your contact modules doesn't work its means that you have to ask hosting support why.
Platinum Boarder