Using register module for newsletter subscription

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 pm
Hello everyone, I will not be using the register module for gaining access to the website, but want to use it to subscribe to a newsletter. I need to know how to 'disable' the automatic email being sent requesting users to activate their account. Thanks in advance for your help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:16 pm
Hi

I do not know what register module or even which template do You use, so all I can advice is that there should be the setting for this in this module/template configuration.

GK User
Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 pm
Hi again,

Sorry for the lack of info. I am using the Postnote template and the GK_Register module. Thanks in advance for your help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 am
Hi

So it's a normal Joomla mail registration sender. Please read this post: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1430899

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 pm
Thank you very much for your help. It's greatly appreciated. It works great.

Have a great day,
Brigitte
Junior Boarder