Changing to php 5.6. gives a bug

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:26 pm
Good evening,
i just changed via my webhost from the 5.5. to the 5.6. version of php and now on my page there appears
this kind of error:
Deprecated: Non-static method JApplicationSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /htdocs/cyberholic/templates/gk_news/lib/framework/helper.layout.php on line 181 Deprecated: Non-static method JApplicationCms::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /htdocs/cyberholic/libraries/cms/application/site.php on line 250

Can you tell me what to do to fix it?
Thanks in advance and have a good night,
Carlos
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 am
Hi,
you can try to use: error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT); - how ask your hosting provider.
PHP 5.6 is very new version - our developers didn't check yet all issues etc.
So if my tip didn't worked ... I hope you have to wait and use PHP 5.5 as it was.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:50 am
Ok, I asked.
First error message is from our template indeed, but second is from Joomla core - it means that J3.3+ is not fully ready for PHP 5.6,
so I suggest to take a cold shower, switch to Php 5.5 and relax.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:27 am
Oscar E wrote:Ok, I asked.
First error message is from our template indeed, but second is from Joomla core - it means that J3.3+ is not fully ready for PHP 5.6,
so I suggest to take a cold shower, switch to Php 5.5 and relax.

Good morning Oscar,
As you said, i just installed PHP 5.6. on my shower but now the water doesn't heat up.
Am i doing anything wrong with the soap?

Thanks a lot for the quick response and help about the Joomla and template fact. I just switched back to 5.5.
Once again thanks for your support and the service!
Greetings from this side on earth,
Carlos
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 am
Am i doing anything wrong with the soap?

Oh no, we have a saying: "cold shower" means - cool off and do not run for new solutions, nor sleep under Apple shop for 2 days before new phone will come to grab it. :mrgreen:

I think soon also Joomla itself will be PHP 5.6 ready. I have to ask my hosting provider to update also for test purposes "only".
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:10 am
Our host does not allow php 5.5 - so we had to change this in template index.php

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_STRICT);
ini_set('display_errors','On');

TO THIS --->

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_STRICT);
ini_set('display_errors','Off');

This removes the errors
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:15 pm
Yep, I tested also this it means that GK solution are not ready for future php versions yet
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm
I had the same problem and changed the template index as you said for the time being. Only my problem is now bigger, i have a blank site. Completely. I changed the index file back to 'on' but no result. Still a blank site.

Before that i made an update of the image show gk4, joomla site is 3.4

Cleared browser history but no result.

Any idea?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:31 pm
1) Error can be from Joomla and/or from template.
2) Set showing errors to MAX in Global configuration
Upgrading to Php 5.6 is not our priority right know, besides you didn't mention about template name.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:41 pm
Sorry, it is Musicstate, i did a update check for the template again and with the newest template it was back working, but with the errors for image show. I tried to edit the index again but gives a blank site. I changed the index back to 'on' and the site was back again, but with the errors.

Is there any solution for not displaying the errors? I will contact the roster for downgrading the php anyway. Thanx for the quick reply.

For now i disable the image show module ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 pm
Two days ago we published updated version of Image Show module,
so please update module to current version (!)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:50 pm
I downloaded yesterday the version Image show GK 4 vers 1.51 from you download center. I was in the understanding that it is the right one foor joomla 3.4?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 pm
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 pm
Has this error been resolved?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 pm
PHP 5.6 not yet I guess, if you still see it.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:04 pm
Is there a way of hide these errors in gk_game template? It seems everything works perfect! But these errors just need to be hidden?

Thanks in advance, M
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:22 pm
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:53 pm
Fixed by the info the url provided
Senior Boarder