Deleted the template configuration by mistake?!

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:04 pm
Hello
I set up a website for a client a few months ago. She came back to me now telling me that the website looks a bit strange. As I had a look just before I was a bit shocked, it looked to me that the template was reset to default settings.

Is it possible that she pressed the "Delete Configuration" button in the template settings? It's the only thing I can imagine as far as I can see, because all the css-files look alright.

If yes, is there a possibility to restore the configuration, like are these settings stored in the database or only in the config file (default_confg.json) under templates/%templatename%/config? Unfortunately, I didn't save the configuration explicit to this file as I handed the project over to the client... :shock:

Thanks for your help and kind regards,
emarbee
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:46 pm
All settings are stored in database. With configs in .json files you can only restore original settings or ones that you have saved.
I would suggest to contact hosting company support and ask if they can provide database backups.

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:52 pm
OK thanks very much, I could restore it from a backup and did an additional backup to the json-file!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 pm
Yes, generally when everything is setup correctly - doing settings backup is a good idea.