Guide how to copy templates

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am
I just found this very straight forward presentation, explaining how to copy/duplicate a template. For example, if you want to make some variations of an existing template and use those variations in parts of your website, like "use different backgrounds for different pages/sections/categories/menu items, etc. which unfortunately requires using a "different" template in the current Joomla! versions (changing backgrounds conditionally will be possible in 1.6, I have heard?!)

Anyway, copying templates can be useful sometimes and is explained "how to do" in this Joomla Day UK 2009 presentation. Here is the link, if you are interested:

http://www.slideshare.net/Andy.Wallace/ ... es-1190489

P.S.: Just for the record, I am not associated to slideshare.net in any way, I just happened to find the presentation there and it seems to be the only (free) source where to get it, the presentation does not even seem to be on Joomla.org.
Expert Boarder