Paging on Categories ignored

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 pm
Joomla! 3.3.1 Stable
Meet Gavern - Gavern v.1.3.2

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck on this issue and not sure if its a Joomla or Template issue.

On my front page I have Paging enabled on the menu, looks fine: http://www.blog.hypodiabetic.co.uk

If you look to the right of the page you will see a module called "Blog Categories", this is a "Articles Categories" module. If you click on one of the Categories the page looks fine apart from paging has disappeared.

If I understand correctly, the Blog layout is decided from any menu liked to this Category, if there is no menu then the settings in "Article Manager Options" > "Blog / Featured Layouts" come into play.

There is no menu item linked to these Categories and the "Article Manager Options" > "Blog / Featured Layouts" Paging setting is enabled, if I change any other settings here they are applied to the page fine - its just paging is ignored.

As the Joomla settings appear to be correct, could this be a template issue? I see on the page the html code for paging is missing completely.

Any ideas are most welcome! :blink:

Many thanks,
tim
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:00 pm
Hi

You can check if it's a template issue by renaming /html/com_content into /html/_com_content so a default joomla component files will be used. If this will make display pagination please send me an access to ftp, so I'll try to fix it.

GK User
Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:41 am
Hey teitbite,

Thank you for your advice and far to kind offer to fix the possible issue!

I have been working a little on the site, and, to my surprise the paging is now working fine.

I have been struggling to think what I have done to make this happen, the only possible action I can think of was when I cleared the sh404sef SEF URLs. Maybe there was a cached error with these pages and clearing the SEF URLs and reloading these pages resolved it(?).

Anyway, good to know my Joomla config was correct and the template is fine.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:32 pm
Hi

Yes, I've seen some problems with sh404sef component in this matter as well. In my case I got help from sh404 developers, so You can always turn to them too. Anyway I'm glad it's working now.