K2 time display lost on new items - News Template Joomla 3.3

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:59 pm
I am using News template pretty standard on Joomla 3.3, installed via Quickstart - all seems generally OK.
I add a publish time to items on my site in advance, and use K2 as per the Gavick example, but each time I save an item the date is maintained, but the time info lost. It defaults to 00:00 - no time is visible in the item time input area etc. This means that all my articles publish and link to my social media with the time 00:00 rather than the time I want, and impact is lost.
Appreciate this may or may not be a template/Joomla/K2 issue, but I cannot find any references in the K2 forum or elsewhere. Accept it is probably a simple error I have made, but would much appreciate how I can correct this important issue for me.
The time marking for Joomla articles, rather than K2 items looks fine and includes the time... arrgh.....
site is www.trinitymatters.co.uk
Thanks for any help.

:S
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:51 am
The time is reset after save and even not display properly in Joomla back-end? Probably if this happen on your administrator panel it is caused by some K2 problem but to test this you can switch template to Beez and compare results.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm
Thanks bkrztuk have changed to Beez and entered a new item. The result is sadly the same. Is this soemthing lnly affecting me? Is it a configuration item in K2 which sets the date and time format options in the K2 backend to not included time and function as day level only?

Any bright ideas appreciated - or how to switch all my content back to Joomla articles...

Thanks in advance .

Ian
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:35 pm
I have found a solution to the problem (it seems) by downloading and upgrading my version of K2 to the development version. This is the thread which best documents, although I am not yet able to verify the alleged problems with News Pro GK4.... http://getk2.org/community/English-K2-C ... me-problem
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 am
With News Show Pro it may be offset issue or it is all caused by your server time configuration. Please make a test with NSP GK5 where we've improved the way how offset feature is working.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm
There does appear to be an issue with publishing time and K2 server offsets for the Gavick Newspro GK4 module, which I can 'solve' by in effect pre-posting articles (putting the publishing date back). Guess this would suggest your comments are on the right lines... If GK5 is better adapted, then it would seem sensible I migrate all of my GK4 modules to GK5 instead.
Is there a migrated settings list for using GK5 to replace the existing GK4 modules in the News template please? or could you direct me, as my site pretty much follows the standard templates you distribute via the quickstart install?

Thanks as always for your much valued help and support.

Ian :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 pm
90% of features in NSP GK5 is the same with the GK4 so you just need to configure modules with the same way but please firstly check whether the same happen on NSP GK5.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:53 pm
Have roughly configured a replacement for Top Banner module in News Pro GK5 rather than GK4. In GK4 New articles do not display - in my GK5 alternate they do. Problem is I cannot reproduce accurately the module by trying to produce the GK5 version to directly replicate the GK4.

Are there any documented notes for translation of the modules? I am clearly missing something obvious which I think is in the area of the Portal Mode settings which are now very different.

This is a real problem as it means that my site does not work reliably. Are others not experiencing the same problem?

All help appreciated. News is a great template, still within its 'live' time window. Could I ask if there is to be a full GK5/Joom 3.3 upgrade for the GK4 based current system, would it be expensive to have one produced?

Would it be easier to 'dump' K2 and somehow move all my content back to Joomla Articles? :S

Happy to let you have a look 'under the hood' if it would help...

Thanks

Ian
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:15 pm
I'm not an expert and may be missing the point, if so please accept my apologies;

The string you are suggesting appears to refer to corrections to the posting of Joomla articles, rather than K2 articles which is the case on my site, file is /mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.source.joomla.php rather than /mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.source.k2.php

Does the 'Joomla' file also affect the correct publishing of K2 items? or does this suggested solution not apply to K2?

Yesterday's articles have now appeared, a day late as if by magic - there is clearly something seriously 'up the creek' with the treatment of dates and publishing of postings which is currently beyond my understanding.... :side:

Ian
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 am
Yes you are right if you have problem with the K2 data please use the same fix but in gk.source.k2.php file.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:56 pm
Hi,
it was a K2 bug and where fixed in current version http://getk2.org/blog/2254-k2-v269-released
Platinum Boarder