Joomla 2.5.20 order checkout does not complete

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 am
Hi, I'm using Joomla 2.5.20 with VirtueMart 2.6.4. There is a problem completing the order, when I push "Confirm Purchase" (payment method is standard invoice) button, then the process will hang. When I finally force close this window I see this order in my orders list, but the customer did'nt get e-mail with invoice eather. What could be the problem, why does this process hang? URL is www.blujeansstore.eu
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 am
I think that Joomla version doesn't matter here. Could you check whether the the same happen on default Beez template?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:55 pm
We are downloaded the quickstart package from Your site. If we change the template on this pakage to Beez2 (Joomla and Virtuemart) same problem accures.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:20 pm
heidiko wrote:We downloaded the quickstart package from Your site. If we change the template in this package to Beez2 (Joomla and Virtuemart) same problem occurs.

Does anyone have some ideas what might be wrong? Is the problem somewhere in the setup or is this a bug?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:00 am
If the same happen on Beez it means that this is not template issue but rather VirtueMart issue. My advise is to start from VM reinstallation and if the problem come back contact with VM support and show them that the issue exist on every template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:26 pm
bkrztuk wrote:If the same happen on Beez it means that this is not template issue but rather VirtueMart issue. My advise is to start from VM reinstallation and if the problem come back contact with VM support and show them that the issue exist on every template.

Hi, I first turned to VM forum, here is my topic: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=124101.0 and they told me to turn to Gavic, what I did.
Now I tested it with Joomla Atomic-Default template, and with this template checkout does finish correctly, so the problem must be somewhere in gavic theme? Maybe the setup is wrong? Or is there something else ? Ideas please ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:41 pm
So the result on Beez and Atomic is different ? It is quite impossible because both templates don't overwrite default VirtueMart styles.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:57 am
bkrztuk wrote:So the result on Beez and Atomic is different ? It is quite impossible because both templates don't overwrite default VirtueMart styles.

Hi,
I tried again with Beez2, this time I could Confirm the Purchase. Maybe I did something wrong last time, I am not a developer. Then I turned the template back to Gavics and again I cannot complete the order. I noticed, that testing with Beez I forgot to enter Payment method and I didn't get any warnings and I completed the checkout process without payment method but when using Gavick I cannot ignore the payment method, so maybe there is a problem? something is wrong with payment setup? It is setup to Invoice, so the customer should get the invoice with e-mail, but doesn't get any, because of this checkout problem. any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:33 pm
Maybe just your mail settings are wrong? With Beez the invoice is send? Please go to template/html directory and rename folder called com_virtuemart - this will remove all template overrided styles for VM but you should get core component without any template changes.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm
Tried again, no I cannot complete the checkout with Beez template eather. I turned to Virtuemart forum again, and they send me right back to Gavic. Where I should seek for help? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=124423.0
I tried what you suggested - renamed folder com_virtuemart, but still the problem exist.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Please just write that with Beez template the same happen because this gives you 100% sure that this is not template issue. Did you try to reinstall VirtueMart?
Platinum Boarder