Username and password text don´t show up

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed May 14, 2014 11:14 pm
Hi...

I have installed teh News2 template.
In advanced settings I enable the CSS Compression, and i realize that in the login page the text I introduce into the username/password fields doesn´t show up ( i can´t see the text). If I disable the CSS compression the login fields works ok.

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 15, 2014 9:06 am
Hi

Please show me Your site while css compression is enabled.

GK User
Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 pm
I sended you a private message with the web url
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 16, 2014 8:15 pm
Hi

Please add this to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings. After that clear cache so compression file will refresh.

Code: Select all
#com-login-form input[type="text"],
#com-login-form input[type="password"] {
    height: 32px !important;
    padding: 0 20px !important;
}

GK User
Sun May 18, 2014 1:18 am
Thanks....Now everything works great
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 am
Hi again....I have the same problem with an other extension. I sent you a private message with credentials to banckend and more details about the issue

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 19, 2014 12:17 pm
Hi

Can You please tell me where can I find this wrongly working fields ?

GK User
Mon May 19, 2014 2:25 pm
Hi,

On the main menu click on "Anuncios".

Then below of the Classified Ads "Clasificados" there is a tab "Publicar Nuevo", clicking there opens the form to send new ad, and there where the problem is...I can see the text on the fields
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 20, 2014 8:48 am
Hi

I'm sorry, but this page is working fine for me. Please take a look at the screen. Also I can see my code I gave You already being used, so maybe problem is with browser or joomla cache. Please try to clear both.

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 9:16 am
Hi,

You are right I only experience the problem with Mozila Firefox (works fine with Crome), even after cleaning the joomla and browser cache.

Any idea why and how to solve it.

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 am
Hi

The screen I attached previously was done in firefox, so I believe cache of the browser is still loading an old file.

Problem is not with the compressing extention but with the order in css files loaded to page, my code overrides the missing lines. If You have a firebug in firefox, please check if the code I gave You is visible when You check one of the login form fields. Here is a screen of how this should looks like.

GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 10:19 am
Hi,

The login fields works fine in all browsers.

What doesn´t work in Mozzila Firefox, (but does works in Crome) is the ADS Manager Joomla Extention, at less I disable Css compresion.

I attach you screeen capture of Firebug of the Login Fields.

Capturax1.jpg

And I also attach you a screen capture of Ads Manager - New add Form

Captura ads manager1.jpg

thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 23, 2014 10:27 pm
Hi

I need to see the exact page with this form. My code works for the login pat only, because I was not aware of other examples of this problem. Please guide me to the page from Your screen.

GK User
Sat May 24, 2014 10:51 am
I sent a private message with that information
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 24, 2014 3:08 pm
Hi

Honestly I have no idea where to look for this other broken form. When I try follow the instructions I see this page (screen1), but there is no "Publicar Nuevo" anywhere. So I'm selecting "New Ad" and got a form with no fields at all (screen2). Maybe You should show it to me while sharing screen on Skype ? My skype login is "teitbite".

GK User
Sat May 24, 2014 4:06 pm
Hi,

Sorry I din´t realize your account is in English.
You follow ok all the steps... After selecting "New Ad" is sending you to your first screen, in that page select any category you want and if you continue a form is opened...well in that form is where I have the problem.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 pm
Hi

Now I know the reason why I cannot see the form. There is a jQuery conflict with 2 different versions loaded on same page which is preventing the form to appear. Nothing happens when I select a category. I would advice to use Easy jQuery plugin and select one version which would fit all.

teitbite
Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 pm
Forgot the image

GK User
Sun May 25, 2014 12:13 pm
Hi,

I sent you an private message.

Regarding the form.

When you choose a category after clicking on "Ad New"

Captura1.JPG

you should be automatically redirect to the new add form, as you see in the screen capture attached

Captura2.JPG

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 25, 2014 5:17 pm
Hi

I just had to enable easy jQuery plugin and finally form worked and I could add a fix to override.css:

Code: Select all
#com-login-form input[type="text"],
#com-login-form input[type="password"],
#adformtable input[type="text"],
#adformtable input[type="password"] {
    height: 32px !important;
    padding: 0 20px !important;
}

GK User
Sun May 25, 2014 5:37 pm
I think that the conlfict have to do with "System - Perfect Joomla! 3 User Interface and jQuery Includer" plugin. It´s a plugin of the Perfect Web Contact extension
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 25, 2014 6:51 pm
Hi

I do not think so. The error clearly stated that there were no sufficient jquery version installed. With easy jquery this should be fixed.