Can't get past 1st step of installer

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri May 09, 2014 5:00 am
Hi guys,

Had quite a few problems setting up Joomla with my hosst (vidahost), googled the problem and found a fair few solutions, unfortunately none of these have worked (I have also tried the solutions found in quick_start problems documentation on this site).

After I enter my details and choose the language, hitting next does nothing, and I can never get to the database wizard,
I have already made a database ready, although I tried first without doing this.

Any ideas anyone?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 09, 2014 6:09 am
I would suggest to contact hosting company support.
Quickstart installation is a process that we haven't modified comparing to standard Joomla - so you would have same problem with standard Joomla installation.

GK User
Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 pm
Wierdly enough I can install gavick free on the same settings :

I shall try default joomla install then report back, as I'm not sure how much help my hosting company will be with specific errors like this :(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 09, 2014 2:55 pm
Thank you, the issue has been resolved and it was my hosting company as you mentioned.

The fix they gave me;

"The change is in libraries/joomla/session/storage/none.php
Just comment out the line where it says:-
ini_set('session.save_handler', 'files');"

Hope this can help someone else :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 09, 2014 3:29 pm
Thanks for sharing the solution. Not often there is a problem with 1rst step so I hope this will be helpful for others.