Music State - JomSocial integration

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:10 pm
First of all this is a solid template and awesome layout. I have installed the quickstart version and installed JomSocial but finding it difficult getting the same results as the demo. I want to get it setup like the demo and start customizing from there. Where I'm stuck currently is having the profiles from JomSocial linking to the Featured Artist grid on the home page. I've tried to use the Music State configuration documentation to help me understand how this works but haven't quite gotten it right now. I'm sure once I figure it out I'll slap my forehead.

I've looked through the forum for any hints but it seems I'm the only one having issues with integrating JomSocial. I'm pretty sure I should be getting this on my own but I've been digging at it for about a week now. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Joshua
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm
Hi

What do You mean exactly? Do You need help to configure JS Status Feed GK module ? I believe documentation is correct in this part. I know I used it to have grid configured :)

GK User
Wed May 21, 2014 6:10 pm
Ok, well that triggered me in that right direction. Thanks. I have two more questions though if you can help...

I'm not seeing the json file for download within the configuration document, is there one? With adding the JomSocial component after the quick install, I'm concerned I might miss something that should be turned on.

Also, there is a statement made in relation to JomSocial...

"This is not a free component. However, for subscribers to GavickPro template packages, we offer a code which discounts the cost of the JomSocial component."

The link provided brings up a 404 which is likely because this deal no longer exists?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 23, 2014 9:58 pm
Hi

Can You please show me where this link to the coupon is ? I could not find one.

Unfortunatelly there is no json file to download, but that's an excelent idea. I need to tell that to programmers. Please tell me the joomla version You are using and I'll send You json file from quickstart.