fail to install quikstart template

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:52 pm
Hi. Can anyone help me.

I want to install joomla 3.2 using quickstart template. But at step 2 (database) i got error message like this

''Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL"

How to solve this problem ?

Before, I already install quickstart template (simplicity) on this hosting without any problem. I also was successfull install quickstart template (fashion) on subdomain. But for some reason I want to change everything, so I delete everything on folder /public_html/.

Because i having a problem install 'quickstart template', i try lot of method to solve this problem include delete old MySQL database and create a new one. I tried this 2 or 3 times. I wonder if because of this the installation have a problem.

(Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what i mean)

Thank you in advance....
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm
You have the answer in error itself - it looks like you are providing wrong database settings to Joomla installator. Please carefully check host, database name, database user and password (which might be different from your hosting company login and password).

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 pm
Thank you for a reply. Really appreciate it.

I will try again.

1. MySQL or MySQLi?

2. for 'Host Name' I'm using a hostname that was provided from my hosting company. :

**(serasimy_'database' / serasimy_'username'. so, i use 'serasimy' as a host name)

3. And then, I create a 'new' MySQL database with new 'username' and new 'password' ..... to use as a input for User name, password and database.

4. For 'Table Prefix', I leave it without any change..

But, it's there really not have any other possibility reason for this problem? It's because I already try this several time but it's not working.

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 am
If your databasename is 'mydatabase' try database name:
serasimy_mydatabase

Same might apply to username:
serasimy_myusername

GK User
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 pm
Problem solved.

I try to do like what you had tell me, but it's still no working. So, I ask my hosting company if they can help me to find out what wrong with my hosting. And then, the problem solved.

Anyway, Thank You Very Much for your help/answer. Really appreciate it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:37 pm
My next idea was to advice you to contact your hosting directly - was it something on their side, or just you had to enter different data?