page not showing ë ö etc, and misplaces pictures

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 am
Hi!

I have a question, but I find it hard to explain. On my company website http://www.ssf-maastricht.nl (Joomla 2.5 with gavick template) several things go wrong when I hit refresh:

- Image won't be shown (doesn't happen on homepage). The first time the page loads for example the image link is /images/team/banners/Jos.png but when I reload it's linked to /people/images/team/banners/Jos.png and gives a 404 not found message.
- After reloading the page, characters like ö, ë, % and ' turn into ’ and so forth.

Can anyone help me out? Maybe I'm not specific enough or unclear, just let me know. The attached screenshots show the page as it should be, and as it looks after refreshing.
snippit.PNG

snippit after.PNG

Any help is appreciated!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:47 am
From what I see some of the images are loaded from akamai and those don't load everytime blocking the site.
Also problems with font is due to its lack of your country characteristic glyphs. Some webfonts have just plain english and no international glyphs - please try finding one that have correct glyphs.

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:07 am
Cyberek wrote:From what I see some of the images are loaded from akamai and those don't load everytime blocking the site.
Also problems with font is due to its lack of your country characteristic glyphs. Some webfonts have just plain english and no international glyphs - please try finding one that have correct glyphs.

Thanks, Cyberek. Do you have a suggestion how this issue with images loading frok akamai can be solved?

Thanks so much for your help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am
Kept googling for a solution, the thing that worked was going to plug-in manager, and giving "System - SEF" ordering "0". Now the images stop disapearing :roll:

So now I just need to find a suitable font to replace the current font.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:01 pm
Thanks for sharing the info about cdn problem.
With the font - from what I remember, you can browse google fonts and check if they work well with your custom nationality glyphs - or just search for a list of your country compatible google fonts.