Quickstart NEWS²

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:26 am
It won´t let me install the quickstart package of NEWS² template on German Strato Servers. Tried also the other hints, htaccess change and so on. Then I installed Joomla 3.2.3 complete package with english sample files (german files it did not work either) just to see if it is a general Joomla 3.2.3 Problem with strato, since they only offer Joomla 2.5 in the backand as preinstallation. so 3.2.3 is working now but is it possible to get the quickstart NEWS² files now on the existing Joomla Installation ? I mean without to restart installation from beginning, just overwriting the exisitng files with the sample data from your quickstart package.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 pm
Hi,
I don't think so...
but if you need J3.x Quickstart for News2 - you have to wait few days - when we will publish new theme for J3.x - this is only way,
database etc. from J2.5 and 3.2 have many differences.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:58 pm
but If you have problems with installation J2.5 quickstart check those guide: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -fix-them/

because this QS package request bigger database than default Joomla installation.
but you can try temporary install on localhost, then transfer to server.
Platinum Boarder