Quickstart installation problem due to database engine?

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:15 pm
Hi there,
i am not a MYSQL bezerker but i have now found out some strange thing due to the fact that i could not install
a template sometime and sometimes it worked perfect - all on the same server !

My situation:
i installed the NEWS Joomla 3.x Template on my server. All fine.
A few weeks later i tried to install the same template and it did not worked out.

The problems where due to the fact that after step 3 of the installation, the procedure got back to the step
generating a loop.

Now installed XAMPP on my computer and tried the installation. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM !

So in fact the problem seems to be a server setting with my provider (www.strato.es)

What i thanks to XAMPP can now see is that the tables created within my database have mixed up engines!
So my questions are:
can this be a reason for the installation problems (some tables are MyIsam other InnoDB)?
Should not all tables have the same engine?

Thanks in advance for your time and support!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:49 pm
Probably display_errors option is enabled in your hosting and should be disabled. Please contact with your service provider and for more details look here » http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-templates/qucikstart-joomla-package/installation-quickstart-problems-how-to-fix-them/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:52 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Probably display_errors option is enabled in your hosting and should be disabled. Please contact with your service provider and for more details look here » http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-templates/qucikstart-joomla-package/installation-quickstart-problems-how-to-fix-them/

nope it is not. Well at least if i turn it off via a php.ini and check it via phpinfo() i can see that it is turne of.
I think the problem is the host itself because i read somewhere on an other page that some hosts want you to put the php.ini and EVERY subfolder.
This realy sucks. It is sad that it is not possible to get the proper information from a provider like the maximum ex time etc.

I keep on trying to find out what the problem with STRATO is and if i find a solution i put it in here.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm
Did you try to replace host php.ini file with this one from your locslhost?
Platinum Boarder