Spam in K2 comments

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 am
Hi!

In the last days my sites are receiving a lot of spam comments, despite I have Google Recaptcha enabled in K2. Comments are open to guest users, and I need it to be this way.

Could someone tell me some good Joomla extension to control spam in K2? I don't mind to pay if I can use it in all of my sites, but if it's free, the better :)

Thanks!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:17 pm
Hi.
Sure as you noticed ReCapchta can be broken since 1 year.
There are few other solutions, some people uses comments from facebook API.
Some others additional extension which may help.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:30 pm
Comments are open to guest users, and I need it to be this way.

It means that you will always have some spam comments.

Did you thought about IP blocking ? Probably you don't needs comments from few countries.

Other solutions you will find here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... protection
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:33 pm
Third solution - which I suggest in most cases it would be replace ReCapcha to other "protection" but this required installing:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tcha/18364
Instead of guessing symbols, KeyCAPTCHA offers visitors to complete an easy interactive task.
You can start with the free version and if liked it so much you can upgrade to the paid version, $24/year

or
K2 customization
- both methods are worth a try.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 pm
Can you please give me some suggestion about K2 customization you mentioned?

Thanks in advance
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:00 pm
Sorry, but in general we don't help with customizations.
But please check on official K2 forum, there are few topics about it, I remember.
Platinum Boarder