eregi is deprecated - template quick installation

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 am
Hi,

I have installed coporate2 template (quickstart installation) on localhost (via xampp) and after finishing the installation the site template is actually fully displayed, but on top there are many error lines:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/blpaeu/templates/gk_corporate2/libs/gk.template.helper.php on line 1251

And this is the actual line in the gk.template.helper.php file:

if (eregi($spider, $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) return TRUE;

These error messages also appear on top of each module on the template site.

I'll be very greatful if some one has an idea on how to solve this.

many thanks in advance!
best
Stephan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 pm
In general you should disable notices and showing errors in php.ini file, in nearest update of the template problem will be fixed.
Administrator

GK User
Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 am
thanks a lot for the prompt reply Dziudek.

However I checked the params.ini file as the error.php file as well, but I have to admit that I'm pretty lost (as my reading and espacially editing php/html code skills are rather poor).

So do you also have a tip where I can find the respective piece of code and how I can modify it the way that notices and showing errors are disabled?

Once again, many thanks for the promt support!
best
Stephan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 am
you can put in the index.php file line:
Code: Select all
ini_set('display_errors','0');
Administrator

GK User
Thu May 13, 2010 8:53 am
done, thanks!