Different menu on site and mobile site.

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:41 pm
Hello!

I'm having an issue with the menu of my site on a mobile device...

My site (http://serfelices.org/) is working wit the template gk_news (Joomla! 2.5).

I need to have a main menu for the main site and a different menu for the mobile site.

This template doesn't have a position for the main menu, instead, it have tab in the template options where you can configure it. This means i can't use the "main menu position" for two different modules.

I have been googling this issue but i only get help for Joomla! 3.0.
For 2.5 i only found something about the module suffix (something like use "onlymobile" or "nomobile") to manage the visualization of the menu on the divice.

That's my problem. I would appreciate if you help me solve it.

Thanks, have a good day!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:54 am
Onlymobile and onlytablet suffix work only for regular module positions - men is part built-in template. In responsive template there is no way to use other menu than regular desktop one because there is no dedicated mobile view.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:30 pm
Alright, so there's no way i can do it?

Thanks for your anskwer.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:50 pm
It's me again.

I have a few questions...

Why there's a "mobile menu" on the template? how does it works?

Also, what position do you think is the best to use as main menu if i don't use the original of the template?

is it possible to duplicate the template and configure the new one to work only on mobile? (so i have a template for mobile and one for the site)

Thanks for your time.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 am
On responsive templates there is no mobile menu the menu is for whole site. Responsive templates don't have different mobile/desktop views it is just one layout but with different CSS styles.
Platinum Boarder