cache problems

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:25 pm
Hello
Im using joomla 2.5.14.

Something is filling up the folder cache/page really quick. 2000 files per hour or so. I must daily delete so that my webhotel won´t charge me for more space.

What can cause this and how do I turn it off.

I have turned of cache in the cache settings under global configurations. I have also istalled JotCache.

Since I don´t know what Im doing I can´t give you more info but ask and I will check.
Very thankfull for help
Best regards / Johan Fredholm
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 am
The only solution is to disable cache. Cache in Joomla! works like it works - save whole generated code as file and then load website from file. If you have many subpages the amount of files may be huge.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:23 pm
It is a destination site with a lot of pictures. In the cache folder are other folders.
cache/fof, cache/jw_sigpro and cache/page.
It is in the cache/page folder all the files are saved. I don´t have this folder on any other homepage. In just a few hours 5-6000 files are stored. It´s anoyin becouse I must check it all the time and delete the files.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 am
So it looks like external components have own cache and create lot of files. Our cache you will find inside /gk directory and that's all.
Platinum Boarder