changing template pathname?

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:54 am
Hello

I've purchased the Boutique template and I'll be using the quickinstall option for my personal page...I'm curious if i'd be able to change the "path name" from gk_boutique to my personal page name which is called "nodda"

so it'd be:

templates/nodda

instead of

templates/gk_boutique

Can someone please help?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:19 am
Hi, there should not be any problems, just rename folder name OR even you can copy all files/folders from this folder to root folder.

If there would be any problems - I will help you today or tomorrow morning. Just write to me using PM + this topic link.

Bu default Joomla don't write anywhere full pathname. But you can add it manually in configuration.php.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm
please forgive me if this is stupid question...

but just wanting to make sure I understand - before I use the quickinstall version of Boutique (Joomla + Theme) I should go into the template folder and simply rename gk_boutique to nodda?

And the rest, in theory, would take care of its self?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm
Normal question, it's good that you are asking "before not after".

Our Quickstart is inside folder (please don't ask me why :whistle: ) so if you want working website you don't have to copy all files & folders with this "gk_template_quickstart_J25" folder - just copy to your server all included content (administrator, modules, plugins, .....).
Than you will have Joomla site on root folder not in subfolder.
I mean in your address bar you will use just simple: www,MyHappySite.com
and not : www,MyHappySite.com/gk_template_quickstart_J25 nor www,MyHappySite.com/nodda
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 pm
my apologies, I was asking my question poorly =)

What I was wanting to do is make the path name /nodda so that if someone were to view page source code, they'd see www.myurl.com/templates/nodda/images/myimage.jpg instead of templates/gk_boutique/images/myimage.jpg

I am going to try and install by simply renaming folder and various xml path name, will get back to you w/ how it goes
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 am
well I changed the folder name and when I try to access the website, all I get are errors saying "this template is unavailable, Contact the page administrator" :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:20 am
I've been playing with it a lot, and have gotten rid of the actual error code it was giving, but now my page displays like this

example.jpg

and I have NO IDEA where to go from here :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 am
Ok.
1) So try this - open configuration.php file in editor
2) check this

public $log_path = '/public_html/folder/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/public_html/folder/tmp';

there must be actual path

3) Also edit this line
from
Code: Select all
public $live_site = '';

to
public $live_site = 'http://www.myurl.com/';

there must be good - target URL of your site.

This should help in most cases.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:50 am
tried this, and unfortunately it did not work :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:57 am
could it have something to do w/ the SQL files of the "quick install" package?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:00 am
been tweaking all day long - every step of progress I make, I run into a new problem. I went all through the quick install package and changed all instances of /gk_boutique/ to match the new folder name I wished to have. Now im getting this error

Fatal error: Class 'GKIS_nodda_Controller' not found in /home/content/68/name/html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/helper.php on line 49

line 49 says

$controller = new $controller_class($this->module, $this->config);

so ... I have no idea
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:17 am
is this perhaps a service that Gavick would offer for a fair fee?

That you would reprogram the quick install package (joomla + theme) so that I could install it on my server so that the path name would be what I wish for it to read, instead of gk_boutique?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 am
HI

Maybe I'll explain this case.

What You have installed right now is ok. So now please download a single template of boutique (I mean just a template package). Than edit file templateDetails.xml and replace any "gk_boutique" with a new name of Your folder. Please check also files like: /layout/blocks/head.php , /js/gk.scripts.js . Leave css files with old names even if You will find it. Than zip this template and install. Select it as default. This way tere should be no problems.

Do not forget to rename language file in /languages

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:48 am
I started fresh install, and did everything as you have described, but the result is still exactly the same as my screen shot above.

There are certain css files, and Im thinking maybe language files? that aren't getting called in ... their original path names in the original coding shows /gk_boutique/ hard coded, so it seems as though the only real way to do this is to go through the entire template, file for file, and replace every single instaces of /gk_boutique/ with /nodda/.... :\
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 am
after much deliberation - I believe the only thing it *CAN* be is that it's a fresh new template that hasn't been properly configured...

when I activate the original gk_boutique, everything works perfectly

when I activate my "nodda" version of the gk_boutique, it'll work, but everything is all messed up (see screen shot in earlier post) and the template options are all blank.

So, unfortunately, it looks like it's just a matter of very-heavy tweaking.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:38 am
confirmed - I've been able to successfully change path name AND regain structure to template by simply reloading the configuration file in the template options.

phew

finally got it
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:39 am
Hi

Yes, I forgot to mention that You need at least open template configuration and hit save so it will update in databse ;/ Sorry for that.

GK User
Tue May 19, 2015 2:27 am
Is there any good checklist to get this done? I don't want to deploy a financial website with a template name / path of gk_steakhouse etc...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 20, 2015 10:25 pm
Platinum Boarder