PROBLEM INSTALLING QUICKSTART PACKAGE

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:15 pm
Hi
I have had problems installing the quickstart package for the league news template.

I have deleted the file and stated again so I just need some help to make sure I do it correctly this time.
I have downloaded zip file, uploaded it to cpanel and extracted the files.
I have created the database

I am stuck on this problem how exactly do I perform the step below

"files Installation

Open your browser at the address/directory where you will perform the installation"

Thanks for help
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:24 pm
Please ask your hosting company support for help about where should the files be put, and how to access this place online (in short - if You bought a domain it is connected to a folder on hosting company server, so when You upload files to the folder, You can access them by entering domain name).

GK User
Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:30 pm
Ps... I'm already answering your questions, You really don't need to ask another time for same thing.

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 am
Brian

it'd be best to use an FTP program - I use Filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/

fill in the required information to connect to your FTP server, upload the files directly to the root (or, if you prefer, a subfolder...) and then visit your URL

once at your URL, you'll be prompted for installation instructions. the quick install package includes a full version of Joomla, so you need to make sure you're installing to a directory that does not currently have Joomla installed, to a brand new database.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:56 pm
I have fixed this problem now
Thanks for your help
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:27 pm
Ok, Brian - if You could write, what was the biggest problem and if you would like - how should we describe that part in our documentation to make it more user-friendly for you?