Two problems with mobile layout

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 am
After having read your online manuals and checked all available forums, I decided to post my issue here.

My website: http://www.wegnaarsucces.nl.

The default layout is just fine. But when I check it on my iphone, I have two problems;

1. Only the mainbody is visible. No modules at all! Except for the menu and search.
2. The website opens in mobile layout. That's ok. But when I hit the 'back to desktop version' in the bottom of the screen, the site reloads... into the mobile version again. No switch possible.

I checked the module class suffixes, I tried to de-acivate some extensions, but no luck. I updated the template, My Folio, to the latest.

I don't know what to do anymore, hoping you can help me out!

Best regards,

Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:48 am
Hi

Sorry, but I'm not able to open Your site. Is everything ok with it ? Please check if it's not locked for some IPs.

GK User
Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:56 am
Hi Teitbite,

I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I can access the website, but I de-actived the admintools for now. You should be able to visit it now.

http://www.wegnaarsucces.nl/

Best regards, Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:12 pm
Hi

Sorry, but this didn't helped. I still cannot open Your site. Is it redirected in host file or You need my IP to allow an access from outside Your country ?

GK User
Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:59 pm
I'm sorry, I really don't understand why this doesn't work.

Please provide me with your IP adress. I will allow this to access the website. I hope this works!

regards, Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Hi

My IP is 89.77.40.176, but I think such problem appears when there is a redirection for domain set in host file in computer. Means that a domain is not redirecting to the site yet, but You are able to see it with an override from Your computer.

GK User
Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:40 pm
Hi,

I'm not quite sute what you mean exactly, but there should be no redirection. The domainname points to the right website, it's online for the whole world.

I added your ip adress to the admin's white list, so would you give it another try please?

Regards, Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:27 pm
Hi

I'm really sorry, but I'm not able to open Your site ;/ I've tried with different browsers, devices and on different internet connections.

But I've asked my friends from different countries and they had no such problem. Looks like Your site may be blocked for Poland :) I'll ask Someone else from Gavick to take care of Your question.

teitbite
Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 pm
Hi

I've asked Norman for help since He is living in UK, but He just told me that He has a similar problem :(

Hi Teitbite,

Website is not working for me as well, 404 page not available error. Perhaps user has firewall or security plugin running as I can ping the server.

This is so strange, because I've asked my friends from USA and Greece to open Your site and they had no problems at all ;/

GK User
Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:20 pm
wauw, I'm really out of options here I guess.. I can try to de-install admintools, however I don't think this is the solution. Could it be server-related? If so, can you try to access the follwoning website, which are all on my reseller's account;

www.medischemallemolen.nl (same host, but different account)
www.moedermetdementie.nl
www.sollicitatiehulp.org (this one can be blocked for different countries, as I faced lots of spam in the past)

If this proofs to be on the server side, I can make an akeeba backup en place it on a different host.

Is there enything else I can do?

Best regards, Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:51 am
Hi

None of this sites are accessible for me. Please inform Your host provider about that, I believe it's becuase of this IP block for countries.

GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:51 pm
Hi there,

I contacted my host, there is indeed a block on a few countries. This is because of lots of spamming and hacking from those countries, as Poland and Russia.

They released your ip adress, so you should be able to enter the sites now.

I have to say, that I changed the parameters for the layout of mobile phones into default now, because of the launch of the website today. we have lots of visitors today and I want them to visit the website in mobile too. If you need me to switch back into iphone css, just let my know.

best regards, Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:42 am
Hi

I can see the site now :) Please send me an access to joomla panel, so I'll switch it while I'll be checking mobile layout and switch it back when I'll finish.

GK User
Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:45 pm
Hi Teitbite,

Great that you can enter the website! I just emailed you you backend login. Hope you can help me out.

Best regards, Judith
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 pm
Hi

1. Mobile template is a different template than default one and names of module positions are different as well. Basically You have only "mobile_top" and "mobile_bottom" available. So this have to be configured separately.

2. Please try to do as follows:

In file layout/default.php we need to replace :

Code: Select all
<a href="javascript:setCookie('gkGavernMobile<?php echo $tpl_name; ?>', 'mobile', 365);window.location.reload();"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_SWITCH_TO_MOBILE'); ?></a>

with:

Code: Select all
<a href="javascript:jQuery.cookie('gkGavernMobile<?php echo $tpl_name; ?>', 'mobile', { expires: 365, path: '/' });window.location.reload();"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_SWITCH_TO_MOBILE'); ?></a>