GK Photoslide upload issue.

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:24 pm
Hello there. I seem to be having a problem with uploading through my joomla. I am running the Cutting Edge theme with JCE Editor installed and I try to make a new photoslide but when I go to save it, it tells me. "Error when moving file (please check permissions for directories)". Now I've checked my server and even CHMODed files to 777 just for the hell of it to give it full access but still nothing. It just won't let me upload. Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:29 pm
Hi

Did You put this permissions for all directories at components/com_photoslide_gk3 ?

GK User
Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 am
Yes I did. I run 5 other domains with gavick (I have a developers licence) on the same server without any problems whatsoever, but the cutting edge template is giving me problems. Maybe its a problem with that build? No matter what I do it will just not give permissions. I'm thinking of deleting the entire thing and re-installing it from scratch and re-uploading the files from scratch and will see how it goes then.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 am
Ok now have done a complete fresh install and it still does the same thing. On the Gavick Photoslide page I click on check system and its showing everything as writable and and green and no errors.

Code: Select all
GD status enabled

GD version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

GD PNG support enabled

Catalog permissions
#    Catalog    Permissions
All catalogs should be writable
1    /    Writable
2    /original/    Writable
3    /thumbs_small/    Writable
4    /thumbs_big/    Writable
TABLE_STATUS
#    Table    Table exists ?
All tables should exist in database
1    jos_gk3_photoslide_groups    Yes
2    jos_gk3_photoslide_slides    Yes
3    jos_gk3_photoslide_options    Yes
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:11 pm
Hi

I think I know what's going on. Please update joomla to the latest version because there is a bug inside uploading class file in one joomla release. Probably the one You are using.

GK User
Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:04 am
Actually I found out what it was and it wasn't that. I'll post it here for others too.

I installed the same install on a different host server I have and it runs perfectly. The issue seems to be in the global configurations FTP settings.

When installing the package, you have the choice to input the FTP info and to enable FTP and use the verify FTP and autofind path buttons. I suggest using those and making sure you it says that FTP Settings are verified. Once thats done and you are complete with the installation, you need to go to Global Configurations and set FTP Enabled to Off. If you leave FTP Enabled on there, you cannot upload images for slides or through the editor, when you turn it off, it uploads everything fine.

My guess is that the global configurations section is not writing correctly or its not able to override the settings done via the installation. I dunno, but thats how I got it fixed on two installs now.

Hope that info helps others too.

Thanks again for your time tetibite, really appreciate it.
Fresh Boarder