spammer disabled part of my comment controls

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 am
Hi guys love your work!!
Im setting up twn2 quickstart and making good progress finally. However I noticed a spammer has used the comments to post over 1600 junk comments. I have deleted them all but I notice the backend menu for Last Recorded IP Flag As Spammer and Author are in black and do not highlight when hovered over. I think they have been disabled most likely by the spammer. How do I get all this back to default and also any advice on preventing this happening again?
I really liked how you had the comments open to everyone but will the default comments settings now not be an option or is there some plug in or addition that will allow this and prevent this type of thing happenning again?
Thanks Guys keep up the great effort!
Tom :geek:
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 am
Hi

To prevent this from happening You should enable re-captcha for comments.

I do not understand this part of Your question about "Last Recorded IP Flag As Spammer and Author are in black and do not highlight when hovered over", can you please show me.

teitbite
Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:04 pm
Hi

I got Your access, but I need a direct url to the problem. I was clicking throu articles and haven't found comments anywhere.

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 am
ok. I disabled the comments because the spammers were using them and they had disable the admin panel from flagging a user as a spammer or recording an IP address. This is the address I am privete messaging you to the admin panel that appears broken. How do I stop the spammers? even with comments disabled they come.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:52 am
Hi

I got Your PM and I think that this can easily be hidden from spammers if You will put a htpass on /administrator folder. Here You will find an instruction how to set additional security password http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:33 am
OK I'll give it a shot. Thanks teitbite for your help and valuable time itsappreciated. Gavick Rocks!
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:21 am
Hi

This will only works if what You suspect is true and spammer is using administrator part of K2 to add it's comments. Anyway its worth trying.