Joomla gk_news documentation

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm
Where is the Joomla gk_news documentation?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 pm
Hi,
what kind of help do you need ? About Framework settings, Module settings or ???
We don't have full documentation for all templates, but we have some tips which can help you here ---> http://www.gavick.com/documentation/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 am
Pawel, I found myself in the same situation. If I remember correctly back in 2010 all themes were documented much better. I think there was a pdf file in each archive (if my memory serves me good) and there one could find complete instructions on how to bring a freshly installed Gavick Pro theme in the form of the one Demo'ed on www.gavick.com

I own a site that had a gavick pro theme (one I installed back in 2010). When I switched to Joomla 3.x I found the theme was no longer compatible and since I didn't had a Gavickpro membership anymore and Gavick discontinued the support for that theme I was forced to switch to a different theme provider (also paid).

Recently I decided to switch back to GavickPro as I wasn't satisfied with the theme I currently have on www.RoundNews.com. I didn't even go to check what themes were being offered because I know GavickPro does a good job on updating old themes and providing new themes. At least this was my feeling. Anyway, I ended up trying at least 4 different themes which I failed configuring with ease.

I think I will stick with gk_news but for now I am searching for documentation on how to configure the main page to look exactly like that of the one from the Demo. I also have to find out where all layout areas from the theme are detailed so that I know how to position the already installed modules. I must admit I forgot my way around a Gavick Pro theme and I would appreciate any help I can get on the forums since now I have a rather big site and everything is harder with a bigger site. I am doing the new template install locally on a mirrored copy of my news site which I have to update at least a couple of times per day with the latest news from my site. I do this because in the end I want to replace everything I have now up on http://www.roundnews.com with what I have locally.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 pm
About GK News - we have only this: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... on-joomla/

In most of cases we suggest to use Quickstart on sub-domain of different folder to check settings for chosen elements.
About year 2010 - templates for Joomla 1.5 was much more simple then they are right now .
Platinum Boarder