Gk Contact dosen't send emal in creativity

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:06 pm
Hello,

First i thank you for the good work you made. Well, i have a problem with my plugin gk contact, my website is online, I've installed the Creativity quickstart, everything works well, except the gk contact plugin, it dosen't send emails, just return a message "Your message is send!" but i get nothing in my email-box, i've checked spam but nothing.
I need to fixe this issue, thank you so much
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:02 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll see mail configuration.

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 am
Hi teitbite,

I sent you the codes, thanks in advance teitbite.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 am
Hi

Mail configuration in joomla looks correct, but the information mail in contacts are not. I'm not 100% sure if it's being used, but You may try to set a correct one instead of [email protected] or [email protected] . Please try this and let me know. If this will not work than it's possible Your server resticts using mail() function and You will need to use SMTP instead.

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:43 pm
Hi

Thanks for the reply teitbite, it's just that I don't understund how does the plugin know witch contact form he has to work with, should I give a specific name for the contact form?

Thank you so much.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:48 am
Hi

Contact form is being attached by ID. You can choose which one to show in menu item options in joomla panel.

GK User
Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 am
Hi teitbite,

Thanks, I understund that, but I can't find where I have to put the contact form ID, can you please give me steps or a link to a tutorial for that, I can't find the field for that in the menu item and in the plugin too.

Cordially.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:41 am
Hi

You need to edit menu item (or create a new one). Select a type as "Single contact", than on the right side You will find a place to select one of prepared contacts to be shown on this page.

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:25 pm
Hi Teibite,

I cant locate the contact thats in the creativity quickstart at the bottom, whhere do i edit it?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:57 pm
found it :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:50 am
Hi

Ok. Glad to here You got it sorted out :)

teitbite
Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:58 pm
Hi

I got a PM about this exact issue from @pah8000 . Can You please share the solution with us if it was a different one, so other users can benefit ?

GK User
Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 am
Hello so i would like to ridirect the gkcontact form such that once a user clicks send it take me to a different page, e.g a thank you page. how can i achieve this>
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 26, 2014 9:10 am
Hi

This is an ordinary module, to have a thank You page it has to be a component with multiple views. There is a thank You message after a welled filled form.

GK User
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 pm
Hi, i use the contactform plugin in creativity template, but after you click send message it reloads the homepage.
I cannot see a thank you or something that confirms the email has beent sent.

I think that some people may think it didnt work.

what can i or we do about this?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:12 am
Hi

Please tell me the url to contact page of Your site.

GK User
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 am
url now: http://www.cafe-pol.nl/new/

if this link doesnt work i moved the site to

http://www.cafe-pol.nl

thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:07 am
Hi

Please add this to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings:

Code: Select all
#system-message-container { display: block !important; }

GK User
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 am
i added

#system-message-container { display: block !important; }

to override.css, its enabled in template settings but nothing happens after sending a form.

Anything else i can try?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:59 am
Hi

I can see it's working. Please take a look at the screen:

GK User
Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 pm
I can see it now, but i think most people wont because the message is located under the big pictures. Is it not possible to load a thank you page after sending the message?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:01 pm
Hi

I'm afraid not, becuase it was not made this way, but You may try with this code instead the one I've told You last time:

#system-message-container {
    position: fixed;
    top: 50%;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 1000000;
}

this will show the message in the middle of the screen and dissapear after couple of seconds. At least in theory :/

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:31 pm
hello, my form "gk contact" does not work.
I've tried all the solutions listed in this post but does not work.
My email settings are correct, emais receipt system.
I have configured the plug-in and mail and title.

When I click on "send message" module redirect me to / index.php but does not send the information.
I have also tried to change my email smtp settings, but that does not work.
can you help?
I'm using google translate, I ask you, write short sentences, please.
https://www.eco-taxi.es
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:54 pm
Hi

Please update template and plugin to the latest version than send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 pm
thanks for answering!
I think everything is completely updated.
I step access ...
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:34 pm
Hi

I cannot find anything wrong either. Maybe Your server has mail() function disabled, please try to configure Your SMTP account. This will tell us more about the issue.

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:45 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

I'm afraid not, becuase it was not made this way, but You may try with this code instead the one I've told You last time:

position: fixed;
    top: 50%;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 1000000;
}

this will show the message in the middle of the screen and dissapear after couple of seconds. At least in theory :/

This works but not the part the message dissapears. If we can fix that its a great solution!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 pm
Hi

If this is not hidding on Your site than it may be because of a javascript conflict. Please tell me an url to Your site.

GK User
Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 am
www.cafepol.nl

thanks for looking
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 pm
Hi

You have this code in override.css:

display: block !important;