How do I replace a template using quick install

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:01 am
I recently had someone install icki sports on my website and i found that I want to go with a cleaner theme so I would like to use World News. I tried installing the template but can't figure out how to do a quick install of it. Mind you I am just replacing a template, joomla is already installed as well as the database.

I did try to install the zip file in the admin panel but it doesn't work
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:00 pm
Hi

Quick Install is a fully functional page with Joomla and installer of database. Please download only template which is available in download area. Than copy it to the templates directory.

GK User
Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:32 pm
Thank you.
How do I get the front page to look exactly like the one on the demo? right now it's kinda empty :dry:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:57 am
sencera wrote:
Thank you.
How do I get the front page to look exactly like the one on the demo? right now it's kinda empty :dry:

Hi

I imagine that you are making it wrong. The QuickStart files are available to create you site exactly as our demo.

The basic steps are:

Unpack the quickstart compressed file.
Upload all files to your new site directory.
Create a new and clean database
Install as a normal joomla installation

After successful installation, to access your administrator, use admin as username and demo as password.

That's it. Now you can change things as your pleasure.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 pm
Hi,

i;m new there
i already downloaded files from template site from member section, but it's a demo,
how to install normal template ?? :)

dumb :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:50 pm
If you don't want to install the quickstart version, get gk_icki_sports_J!15.tgz file (this is the template) and gk_icki_sports_rest_files_J!15.zip where you will find extensions to this template or instructions to get them.
Them, install all using joomla installer.

For further instructions, please read the HelpFile.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder