eShop installed and VM is linked to Gavick Site

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm
I installed the complete QuickStart for the eShop template and now the VirtueMart admin links points to Gavick site and not mine? Is there anything I can do to fix it short of uninstall/reinstall of VM?
Fresh Boarder

professionals
Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:02 am
Can you give a link to your website, please?

GK User
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 am
mine too. www.gabrielsolis.com/shop

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

professionals
Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:10 pm
Do you mean the administrator's site? If yes I have to have an acess to see it.

GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:44 am
Hi

After quickstart successful installation, you need to change path and url on ../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php

Lines 35 and 36.

This is explained on the HelpFile.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:38 pm
I had exactly the same problem and it did not work after putting my site url in there, as it is written in your help file.

The solution for me was to put $mosConfig_live_site.$app in place of 'http://demo.gavick.com/joomla15/dec2008/'.

Let me say that this is the first Joomla ecommerce template that I've seen configured like this. But I'm sure you had your reasons for doing it this way.
Fresh Boarder