Basic questions regarding Coolfoto

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 pm
I know these are very basic questions, but the solutions are escaping me.
I have sucessfully installed the Coolfoto template by way of Quickstart. (thank you!)
Now, I'm sitting here staring at the defaults.

I get how to change the pictures, add, subtract pictures, etc. But how do you:
[*]1. Make the images into click-able links. I wish to use the slide-show more as a rotating click-able advertising space where people can click on an image and be taken to an article.
2. Change the destination / function of the "preview" and "details" tabs. I'd like to make these into links that also would direct to articles.
3. Edit the content of the box that says "create your own photo web blog"

I know this has to be elementary, and I'm embarrassed to be asking questions this basic. It is just escaping me for whatever reason.
~Brian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 pm
1. In this version of module you cannot use slides as links - you can use links only with content preview.
2. Destination of tabs are hard coded, you can only disable it.
3. You can change it in tabs manager component.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 pm
Is there another version of the module that would permit linking, or another module that could slip in, in it's place? Sadly, that's a bit of a deal breaker with the template.
If the tabs are hard coded, can I hard code them then? Where would that be done?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:33 pm
sorry - we have only one module like this. about hardcoded links - you can try to change it in gk_image_show.js file located in lig/scripts/ directory (in template catalog). Of course you have to also change generated links in content.php file in html/mod_gk_image_show
Administrator

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 pm
In the Pulse Theme, there is a clickable text field that hovers over the images.
While not ideal, that could possibly work as a solution if there is simply no way to make a photo clickable. Is there a way to do that in Coolfoto? How would I go about inserting that?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:38 pm
you can try to move all related files and styles from Pulse template to coolfoto template - you need to copy styles from css files (gk_stuff and style1/2/3 css), html/mod_gk_image_show and lib/scripts/gk_image_show.js file. Of course please remember about using module settings for this theme from rest_files package.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:40 pm
Hmm. So are those two tabs tied to the specific image being displayed at that moment?
If I could just change it to say something like "learn more" and "sign up" then that may work as well.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:44 pm
yes - tabs links are strictly connected with image in slideshow
Administrator

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:53 pm
Thank you for all your help.
If this is the case, then I just need to know... if I upload an image and the tabs are linked to the exact image being displayed at the moment... where do I type in the destination of those tabs? How would that populate as it's designed to do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 pm
module generates in content.php file block with links connected with slides ;)
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:03 am
so... since the slides will be changing about every 3 days, what I'm hearing is, there is no UI based way of configuring those tabs. Unfortunate. I bought the membership hoping that was the case. I'm a coding noob, and the guy that maintains our web content knows no code at all.
Knowing what I need to do... what do you recommend I do from here?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 am
Please remember that you can set your own link for every tab in photoslide instead of article link.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:16 am
Since I will need to point both the preview and details tabs to articles, I see where I can edit the destination for details... but how would I configure the preview tab through the UI?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:17 am
this one you can change only in script
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 am
If I uploaded the News Show GK3 pack... will that allow me to make the images clickable?
If so, then how would I remove those tabs?
Fresh Boarder