The News template issue

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 am
I downloaded The News template (Not The News II template, don't mix them up) and I have a problem. After installing I go to the Install/Uninstall section in the Extensions to install another Editor, and whatever I try to install from there I get the error below. Can you please help?
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Class 'JInstallerHelper' not found in /home1/makmodgr/public_html/slfgame/administrator/components/com_installer/models/install.php on line 157
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:44 am
I've actually fixed the issue. You guys will want to look into the helper.php file located in the libraries/joomla/installer directory.

Apparently during the upgrade you guys did in this template, the coding for this file was changed somewhat and it wasn't compatible with the new updates. When trying to install a plugin from the extensions -> Install/Uninstall you would get the above problem. But I changed the file back to the old file before the upgrade and it worked perfectly.

I suggest you guys install the quickstart version of this theme and address this problem for others that might want to use this theme. As for myself, I've resolved the issue.
Fresh Boarder