i.e.7 SOLVED

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 pm
I have modules that work in Firefox and did work in i.e.7. Now two modules don't work in i.e. 7. 'They are success' and 'positivemindtools that work'. If you look using Firefox and i.e.7 you will see the difference.

My site here

How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

The template looks fantastic except for the issues.

Johnnypict.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 pm
I deleted the modules and put new ones in.
It appears to have fixed the problem.

Although the modules are slightly different sizes in I.E.7 and Firefox. A nice template but this doesn't look great.

I'm considering using another template as I feel the lack of support for I.E is a significant issue. This is a shame especially after paying for a subscription. I don't think it fair that you don't make this clear.

I do like the look of the templates though.

johnnypict.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 pm
Hi

I have check you website in FF, IE7 and IE8.

The modules looks exactly the same.
Don't understand.
Can you show me some screenshot of what you see in your browser?

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:41 pm
I have solved the problem of the module not showing.

If you look at the screen shots you'll notice that the height of photoslider in Firefox is not as high as the same component in IE7

A small issue but I adjusted the size of the slider to look best in IE7 as most people would use IE I imagine. I don't have IE8 to test it in that browser.

I don't know if the images have attached but it is obvious on the site.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm
Try adding "_clear" on module suffix.

If you want, send me admin access to paulo[at]gavick[dot]com and let me check it.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 pm
Done that and it looks good?
Thanks,

johnnypict
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Well, i like it ;)

You can even increase dimensions on Image Show to be more equal level of right modules.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 am
Yes I'll play about with that and see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Johnnypict.
Expert Boarder