Postnote template - installation issue

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue May 22, 2012 3:47 am
I built a site using the postnote template (new Joomla user but experienced web developer). I moved the site from the development subdirectory (/joomla) to the root directory. The forums stated that changing the config file in php would enable the site to work correctly.

Unfortunately this does not happen - the main site home page displays but when I click on several of the menu links the pages do not exist. One of the menu options still links to the old site in the /joomla subdirectory and the pages exist in this subdirectory so the user sees the old site not the new one. I have checked the config file in pdp, I have republished the menu, I have republished the pages.

I cannot get the site to publish in the root directory although I can see all the pages in the editor. Can you please suggest what I should do to get this site working.

Jenny Blain
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 am
When you create new menu item it also redirect to the old website directory ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm
bkrztuk wrote:When you create new menu item it also redirect to the old website directory ?

When I create a new menu item it does not display on the root directory site - it is built and displays in the /joomla version of the site. I have tried rebuilding the entire menu - this does not work.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 31, 2012 7:56 am
You're adding menu items to menu which is selected as a template menu in template settings ? Please try to publish menu via default Joomla module anywhere to check whether it is working at all.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm
I have tried re-adding items to the menu through the joomla menu manager - and publishing them. The template uses the top menu and this is the one that I am trying to fix. I tried adding a new item through the joomla menu editor but it does not appear on the site - it is appearing in the subdirectory site - the actual site just shows pages with a 404 Article not found error for menu options except for one menu option which redirects to the subdirectory site.

http://www.gaskinresearch.com.au
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 pm
Now I really don't understand - you added new menu item and it is not visible yes ? What do you mean by subcategory site ? I've opened all of you menu items and always see the same seven menu items.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:37 pm
Not subcategory - subdirectory - the subdirectory where the site was originally built. Click first menu option and it takes you to subdirectory site. From the home page all other menu options show error.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am
Please recreate whole menu items, looks like every menu item redirect to old - non existing article. I have no idea how to configured your domain but looks like you set URL for every menu (normally the URL is auto generated) and after moving the site this paths are not updated. For tests, please disable SEF URL's.
Platinum Boarder