Problems with JomSocial - Musicity Template.

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:30 pm
Hi,

my problem is that after i installed jomsocial member i published it and when i click on view site i received this message :::

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

///////////////
after that i looked for any similar problem in the forum, so i looked for the folder mod_gk_js_members_J!17 inside the gk_musicity_rest_files_J!17, the problem about this is that i can´t find components/com_community/templates , so i created, after that i uninstall the jomsocial and intall it again, now in the forum everybody said that i need to change the style to gk_style, but in joomla administration / Component - i do not see any jomsocial there so i can change the style, also i can not find system-zend Lib plugin..

Can i received some help on this???

sorry about my english
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:51 am
Hi

The style is in rest_files package. Just do as instruction tells to and it will be working fine:

1. Please move gk_style catalog to the components/com_community/templates directory
2. Please add following selectors to the group "Headers" in the template options at "Fonts" tab:

.gkJsMembersMain .gkJsTabs span,
.gkIsTextTitle,
body #community-wrap div.greybox a#joinButton,
div.ctitle,
body #community-wrap #profile-new-status label,
#comments .comment-author,
#comments .author-homepage,
#comments .comment-date,
.blogcreatedate,
.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_tab span

You should upload this file by ftp to a right directory.

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:49 pm
Hi,

i can not find that folder so i create it. I paste the info in font Tab, but i still received 500 internal server error.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:57 pm
by the way i cannot see JOMSOCIAL in components menu inside joomla
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am
Hi

Ok. Everything You're telling here looks like You don not have Joomsocial installed at all ;/ Can this be possible ? Anyway try reinstall it.

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 pm
Ok, i uninstalled gk js members and gk js stats.........are these 2 modules the only ones that are need to be installed? ,if there is another module to install please send me the download link
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:36 pm
by the way, i created a article. In this article i insert only a youtube video. When i refresh the page to see the article, this appears in it..

TITLE OF ARTICLE WITH LINK
date-hits-category-author
//////////////////////////
YOUTUBE VIDEO
/////////////////////////
TITLE OF ARTICLE WITH NO LINK
date-hits-category-author
button - READ MORE

Why the last title,date, button, etc. shows up?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm
Problem#2 ARTICLE TITLE PROBLEM - FIXED.........
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 02, 2012 3:51 pm
Hi

Sorry I got a little confused with Your last posts. Can You please tell what left for me to assist You ?

GK User
Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 pm
Ok, i uninstalled gk js members and gk js stats.........are these 2 modules the only ones that are need to be installed? ,if there is another module to install please send me the download link
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 03, 2012 1:10 pm
Hi

Have You got Joomsocial installed as well ?

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 pm
UHMMMMMMMM...lol
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm
Thanks a lot for your Help...
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm
Hi

So is this solved ? As I told couple of posts above I do not quite understand what issue You had.

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 pm
SOlved, thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 pm
Hi

Ok. That's great :)

GK User
Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm
Hi,
i installed jomsocial and everything is ok, the module create a jomsocial link in the top menu, everything fine a this point. The problem is that jomsocial shows up in js_top position a section created by them but i want the module in the main-top position of my template. here is the site: http://test.lyonbeat.com/index.php/jomsocial
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm
Hi

Unfortunately joomsocial is a component so it has its own system for modules. You better ask on joomsocial forum. I really do not know how it works.

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 2:58 pm
ok,,thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 07, 2012 3:12 pm
Hi

Sorry I couldn't help more.

GK User
Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 pm
Hi man,,,me again..lol...this time a just want to know how to setup JomSocial like in these 2 cases:
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm
Hi man,,,me again..lol...this time a just want to know how to setup JomSocial like in these 2 cases:
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 pm
Hi

This has nothing to do with jomsocial. Thoose are News Show Pro styles. The easiest would be to install quickstart for musicity and copy all settings from this modules. If You want me to send You screens of settings just let me know.

GK User
Mon May 21, 2012 3:52 pm
Hi, would be great...thanks man
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 am
Hi

The one from right header.

teitbite
Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 am
...and bottom one.