Extentions greater than 1mb wont install

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:16 am
Ok, i've narrowed this problem down to extension and component size. Anything greater than 1mb wont install. Where can i change the allowable upload size?

Ryan.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:54 am
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:26 pm
Nope didn't work. I'm noticing there are no error messages, just a blank screen. Is there a way to find out what the error is? Debug, or error logs ?

Where would i find those?

Ryan.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 am
Check your max upload size in the PHP Settings. Maybe your Server does not allow files bigger than 1MB. You can check this in Joomla, too under:
HELP --> System Info --> PHP Information
Scroll down to:
post_max_size
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am
The post that i show you before talk about how increase your max upload size...it dont talk about any error message
rkrause wrote:
Nope didn't work. I'm noticing there are no error messages, just a blank screen. Is there a way to find out what the error is? Debug, or error logs ?

Where would i find those?

Ryan.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:02 pm
It's 15mb allowed on the download.

Ryan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:34 pm
Download has nothing to do with upload...

and anyway, this is server setting and has nothing to do with template...I am moving this post to general forum
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:04 am
Didn't even see this forum category. And your comment about download vs upload has actually been useful.

problem still not fixed - but at least it gives me a better focus point.

Thanks,
Ryan.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:48 am
You need ask to your Hosting company about allow you to change it, i guess that they will make it for you!!!
rkrause wrote:
Didn't even see this forum category. And your comment about download vs upload has actually been useful.

problem still not fixed - but at least it gives me a better focus point.

Thanks,
Ryan.
Senior Boarder