The Moment: Hiding Menu Items in Suckerfish Menu

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
mgrabows
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:33 am
Is it possible to hide menu items in a Suckerfish menu within The Moment template? I'd like to hide my own custom login link once the user logs in.

I've tried incorporating a separate user menu, but it doesn't display. I'm wondering if the template cannot accommodate switching between two top menus.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

GK User
Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:48 am
If its a menu you can change the permiss to registered or special instead public, so the people that have an account as registered user will be the only one that will be allowed to see it
Regards
Gavick Girl
Senior Boarder

mgrabows
Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:56 am
Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will solve my problem. I want the Login menu link to disappear once the user is logged in. If I change the permission to Special or Registered, guest users who haven't logged in won't see the link and won't be able to log in.

Basically, I want the Login link visible to all guest users, then hidden once the user logs in. I haven't come across anything yet that will allow me to do that. The only option I've found is switching the login to a positioned module outside of the menu, then using Metamod to hide it. For design purposes, I'd prefer to leave the login link in the top menu.

GK User
Wed May 06, 2009 1:03 am
I'm having the same issue with the template Viyo. Is there a code fix that can be done to show one menu to only the public and another to only registered users?

Cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 am
you may want to do that by session control. And set a condition, if user logged in, dont display the login.

As far as i concern, i've never seen that, i rather see a "Hello User"
Fresh Boarder