Google Analytics tracking code

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 pm
sorry but could you please explain clearly where to put the Google Analytics tracking code
im new to Joomla 1.7 and cant find the place to add the code .

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:02 am
Hi,

You need to login into admin panel => Templates => YOURtemplate => Features => Google Analytics code => Input your code => Add rule
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 am
Hi guys

Not trying to hijack this problem topic, but I was also looking at this last night and thought I would share my thoughts on how it may be improved or answered for others.

I did find the google analytics area under the template features setting, however I was confused with the "Rule" terminology. I did insert my analytics ID that I setup for that web domain and hit add rule which it happily took, but I have the following questions.

In google analytics it gives the following message error when going to In-Page Analytics:

We've identified problems in your setup. These may cause problems loading In-Page Analytics.
Your site doesn't load ga.js from Google. If you host the Google tracking code on your own servers, it isn't updated automatically and can miss important changes.
We didn't find a tracking snippet on your site. In-Page Analytics cannot load. Please make sure you have tracking installed correctly. If your snippet is included in a separate JavaScript file, you'll have to manually check it is being loaded correctly.

So question: if the google snippet code is already hardcoded into the template how does it get updated if google changes it or is it a plugin that we can update?

For other newbies like myself that are starting out with google analytics can I make the suggestion that with the mouse-over text help popup includes the following comment if it is true:
Google Analytics Tracking code is already inserted, insert only your Google Analytics ID to enable tracking.

I hope this is some helpful feedback. Look forward to your reply.

Dan
Junior Boarder