Jomsocial 2.2 update?

Gamebox for Joomla 1.5 support forum by GavickPro
GK User
Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm
Hi I would like to know when there will be a Joomla 1.6 version of gamebox and when the Jomsocial template will be updated to 2.2?

Kind regards, Marcel
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 pm
Hi

We expect to release Gamebox J!1.6 version in next month.
Anyway, as far as we know, JomSocial 2.0.6 version is the current one and 2.2 is still not stable.
am i right? :huh:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm
yeah thats tru 2.2 is in rc1 right now, just wanted to lett u guys know... :)
Fresh Boarder

pcp3
Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:57 pm
Well jomsocial 2.2 was officially released today, im also moving towards J!1.6 and would like to keep my gamebox template compatible. So i'm interested in the release of Gamebox for J!1.6

Thank you

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 am
Interested in the base 2.2 template itself, any ETA? I have a site to launch in the middle of April and wonder about the update time. Please / thanks. =)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 am
Hey guys,
Jomsocial 2.2 has been released yesterday so we should give time to Gavick team to convert the social template into the new version. I think that is not productive to stress them to convert all social template in few hours. I think that all template with Jomsocial will be converted in a reasonable time. This is a club template and not a CUSTOM SERVICE for everyone of us.

This is my opinion.

Cheers.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:05 am
I'm not giving any sort of deadline and don't mean to come off demanding by any means. But knowing if I should do a custom template if it's not something we will see soon is something I need to keep in mind to stick to my own deadlines that's all. With JomSocial's 2.2's original release slated for March 1st i'm a little behind as it is having to delay over a month for a stable release and spent a lot of time beta testing it to try and speed up it's development. I appreciate Gavick's generous support in updating these templates for us and the amazing work that they do.

Sorry if it came off otherwise. ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:05 am
Gamebox template for J!1.6 will be released probably in this week. Updates for our J!1.5 templates for JomSocial 2.2 will be released in nearest week. At start of May we'll release Musicity and Party Freak templates for Joomla! 1.6 with support for JomSocial 2.2
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:08 am
Does nearest week mean likely next week or just as soon as possible? Just a little clarification but holyy at your fast response thank you. :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 am
In general it means next week, but in real it means ASAP ;)
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:13 am
Thanks again dziudek. I'm really looking forward to showing off what I am putting together with this template.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:35 pm
hi guys
any update on this delivery?
i am due to renew my membership - and seeing as how the membership systems have changed on gavick - i wanted to look into each package before deciding on an upgrade or what i am doing - it would be great to get this little style change so my site can work effectivly before my current membership runs out (in 48 hours!)

thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Hi

I am also waiting for the upgrade. JS is now to 2.2.1.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:18 pm
we will be updating to latest joom social, but as said many times before... jomsocial updates very offen, and is hard to keep up to date...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 am
Just a quick heads up, I've tried the Jomsocial theme in the Joomla 1.6 version of the Gamebox template and so far it seems ok, although I hold no responsibility if it messes your site up.

Back up first before you try anything and try at your risk.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 pm
I was actually using the gavick theme in the JS 2.0.x version. And I need to use the gavick in the 2.2.x as well. Currently for me the gavick theme doesn't appear in the theme selection section at all.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 pm
think the new update deleted my theme when I installed it, check on your server to see if it's still there, if it isn't just copy and paste there again
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:04 pm
JomSocial 2.2 support for Gamebox Magazine is already available on our update server.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

pcp3
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 am
Thank you Seichinha & Gavick team!

GK User
Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:45 am
Paulo,

Doesn't the Gamebox template come with the demo site with sample data?

Writing you a separate email.

Thanks.

Caleb
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 am
guys, the template drops the right hand column down under the jomsocial mainbody in this update if you have anything in the right hand colums of the gamebox template - only the homepage when logged in,,,....

can we have this fixed - also anything with the new 2.2.3(?) latest jomsocial upgrade would be fab!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 am
bhillsboyoz wrote:guys, the template drops the right hand column down under the jomsocial mainbody in this update if you have anything in the right hand colums of the gamebox template - only the homepage when logged in,,,....

can we have this fixed - also anything with the new 2.2.3(?) latest jomsocial upgrade would be fab!

anyone able to answer this ????
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:15 pm
Hi

Please show me this issue on live site.

GK User
Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:44 am
http://poprepublic.tv/community

it only happends on this "homepage" for the jomsocial - all other jomsocial pages seem to be fine.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:40 pm
Hi

I've send this to programmers.

Meanwhile please use this code:

Code: Select all
#gk-right {
    float: right;
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
}

GK User
Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am
thanks for the code :) i put it into the "default.css" and its no ok on the comunity homepage, but is pulling up the bottom modules over the other positions on user pages etc now...

i will wait for a proper update from the coders :) thanks heaps!
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 pm
Hi

Try to add this code to mod_blank and attache to the pages where this fix is required.