How To: Customize a Light Version

Gamebox for Joomla 1.5 support forum by GavickPro
GK User
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm
I'm starting this thread to so people wanting to create or learn how to customize a color style can ask questions and get help. Everyone is free to contribute.

First Step
Download Firebug for Firefox This is a MUST! Here is an Introduction of what Firebug is: Learn Firebug

Second Step - Decide
Does your project just require customizing the css, to customize the color scheme.

Or

Do you need to edit the Source Image files to customize the look/color scheme.

The majority of your editing will be done in your css files. If you are editing your source files, it's just a matter of saving the slices as the proper image names and uploading them to the proper directory on your server.

The great thing about Firebug is 1. you can find what css file an element is that you need to edit and 2. you can make the changes live in your browser to see what it will look like, then make the changes to the css files.

Now this is just some information to get you started - feel free to ask how-to questions.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 am
im following this to help ThatComputerDude answering questions if anyone got some :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:55 am
thank you for the guide. Firebug is very helpful but I can not use it to analyse the second level of mega menu (the drop down menu). Could you get me an advice how I can change the color of mega menu?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:12 pm
Hi

Please still use the firebug to it, but if something is hiding use the html tab instead. Selecting the right layer will show You all propperties.

GK User
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:20 pm
I would like to customize gamer magazine template, its too dark, the black is too hard to read, anyone would like to take a freelance work of this, please mail me.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:31 pm
If you would like help on how to do it, feel free to ask questions in this thread and some of us can assist you.

If you would rather have someone do it for you, you can contact me through the email address in my signature if you'd like.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 pm
@computer dude, I wish I could do it asking questions, but I'm little busy, so i'm seeking a freelancer. I have replied to your email. Please check and respond.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 pm
Hi

If You want You can mail me also.

GK User
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 am
Hi,

i'am still looking for a gamebox Light Version....

Could you please share your work on it ?

Seichinha promise us a light version on his spare time.
we saw screeshot and since black out. No news since more than 6 weeks.... :S
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 am
sheridan if you would like I can help you out with this. Do you have anything done on the light version yet? If so please show me. If not thats not a problem. It would be easier to talk email or msn if you have
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:18 pm
hi

i have nothing done fot the moment...
Best regards
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:42 pm
what is ur info for contact? I have been working on this light version, I can show you what I have done so far
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 pm
Seichinha's color choices were nice so I tried to keep to that asmuch as possible.. This is almost done. Just a few small pieces left. Here is what It looks like
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:11 pm
@ Devsmi, Umm, this light version looks great, how much are you selling this work for???? Another option will be to change the background image, and change the black to match with the background image.

I just saw the latest template from another template club, which had complete options to play around with colors for every text, menu background, i mean a total choice to change the look and feel by just changing it from back-end of template. Now that;s what i call it cool........... Hope Gavick team is looking at other developments happening in the joomla club market, so clients remain in this club.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 pm
devsmi wrote:
Seichinha's color choices were nice so I tried to keep to that asmuch as possible.. This is almost done. Just a few small pieces left.

Can We see a screenshot of the articles, is it also light version?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:27 pm
Yes articles are light aswell. Today I shoukd also be finished with jomsocial and kunena. You can contact me at [email protected] for demo
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:38 am
devsmi wrote:
Yes articles are light aswell. Today I shoukd also be finished with jomsocial and kunena. You can contact me at [email protected] for demo

how much ?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:50 pm
Very nice work! Is this something that will be released to the public? Or is it a request only kinda thing?

Again, it looks awesome!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 am
Request only. If you are interested you can contact me
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:32 pm
devsmi,

I don't think Gavick has a PM system, do you have an email I can reach you at?

if not here is my email slickwilly at yahoo.com

Let me know if you want me to donate you something for your work =)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 am
slickwilly789 I tried emailing you but it was just sent back to me. maybe you typed it wrong? anyway you can email me at [email protected]
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:45 pm
devsmi wrote:slickwilly789 I tried emailing you but it was just sent back to me. maybe you typed it wrong? anyway you can email me at [email protected]

How Much ?

I will pay U$5 !!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 am
I Had some extra time so here are updated pictures of the light version.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:02 pm
That's great!
Gavick should creat a new forum section in which more community stuff like customizations of templates or kunena themas could be shared!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:38 pm
Hi

Sure. I'll send this request to the Boss.

Great work.