Documentation

GK User
Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 am
Hi
you can download documentation from Gavick download section.

And I would like receive some feedback. So please, if you have any comment or wish what you would like to add or explain, write it here in this thread.
Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:06 pm
Hi. On the first look I was just wondering where I can enable the "Login" & "Register" options like it's writen in the feature list of the template:
"Full control of Login, Register, Tools and Style button display on frontpage"
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 pm
Hi

It can be manage in template's configuration at option "Features".

GK User
Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm
There are just options for "tools" and "style switcher" but not for "Login" & "Register". Is there an easy way to get the register pop-up from your "memovie template" to work with partyfreak? And how can I include this.

Thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 pm
Hi

Yes it's possible, but making it is a lot of work. You will need to replace the html and js code for this.

js code is in file template_script.js and the html:

lib/php/login.php & lib/php/register.php --- TWN
layouts/blocks/usertools/login.php etc... --- Memovie

GK User
Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:29 pm
Teitbite, excuseme please ...

You told "a LOT OF WORK" ...

Is that sobstitution all I need ??
Becouse it doesn't seems to me so much word ... Maybe I do not understand, simply!

And can I use the Hewahoo login module stile as well ??

HOW ??

Thanks in advance!

Pietro
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm
Hi

For me everything considering JavaScript is a lot of work, because I hardly understand it and always spend hours on this.

Please also notice that after copying html/js (which can be placed in couple files) You will need to copy the styles too. It may took some time. But sure it's possible.

GK User
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:48 pm
Mmm ...

Well ...
Ok ... I am not sure I've understood, but I'll try ...
Thank You !! ^_^
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:31 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

Yes it's possible, but making it is a lot of work. You will need to replace the html and js code for this.

js code is in file template_script.js and the html:

lib/php/login.php & lib/php/register.php --- TWN
layouts/blocks/usertools/login.php etc... --- Memovie

Sorry, but, the only file I can find is the usertools/login.php

What are the directions for the js-file and the other .php files and what do you mean with "TWN"?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:45 pm
Hi

Och, right. js/gk.script.js

TWN = The World News

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:38 pm
REPLACE WITH WHAT ??? :( :( :(
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm
Hey. I worket it out, so that I could use the registration of Memovie in my PartyFreak template. But, for some reason, the login form does not work. If I click on "Login" instead of opening the loginform I am linked forward to an page with the login form. I don't know why the JS doesn't react.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:41 pm
I am sure I can NOT help you in this, unfortunately! :(
But if You DO it ... please ... Let me know !!! :(
Good Luch! And ...
Thank You ;)
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 pm
Hey Piotr. Are you still trying to get the register and login popups from memovie to partyfreak? Perhaps we can work it out together.
Let me know if we should try it together
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 pm
most of the documentation pdfs do not download
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:38 am
Hi,

I need to change the link color from Orange to Red, what file do I make this change in please?

Thanks,
Adam

*Note: Found the answer with the help of Firebug. The link code is in the Template.css, line 30 for link and line 31 for hover.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 pm
I'll translate all you documentation into easy to understand plain simple English in exchange for indefinite membership and free access to your coders
:P

Jokes aside you guys have some of the best templates and modules in the Joomla scene, but from what I've gathered, your documentation is really crap and it brings down the overall quality of your service. No offence, just calling it as I see it.

If you got someone whose first language was english to redo your documentation and make the instructions and options more indepth, maybe include a general and a template specific, updated FAQ section and even a quick "popular customisations" section, i'm certain you'd reduce the amount of queries on your forum and this resulting in frustrated customers by half, this would give you extra time to work on what you're awesome at the templates and the modules.

I have been researching on your products all over the web because my current site is becoming more and more dependent on your products as they do their tasks really well and are so flexible. During this research I have rarely come across frustrated customers who are upset with your products (very rare in joomla) its the support and the lack of good documentation when they want to try and do something that seem to be the cause of most peoples problems.

The current batch of documentation are cumbersome and use a lot of resources because of the pictures, they are not fluid in their navigations. They seem more of a feature advert than indepth instructions to powerful components, modules and templates with a lot of customisation options. They are written basically and rarely manage to portray the point or method the author is trying to make. They also aren't written with the newbie users in mind and don't explain in enough detail what the user is expected to do, it sometimes assumes a lot of the users knowledge.

Instead of pdfs maybe a wiki would be a better option?

Just my opinion and some points, not trying to belittle gavick or cause offence, i'm trying to give a users perspective and maybe help you improve as you have really do have awesome templates and tools, its the shame that sometimes people get put off by the after support.

keep up the good work
Senior Boarder