GK JomSocial Members small problem

GK User
Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 am
Hi!
I have a little problem with this module... everything is well, except the fact that the avatar images are shown in their own aspect ratio, distorting the module. Is there any option to center crop the images that are not square, so that they would all be square on the front page, showing correctly the usernames and without distortions?

I attached a snapshot to understand it better.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm
Hi,

I think you should contact JomSocial team to get better help, if you can give me the link to see that problem I might find some css trick to fix that.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:28 pm
Don Lee wrote:Hi,

I think you should contact JomSocial team to get better help, if you can give me the link to see that problem I might find some css trick to fix that.

Cheers,

But it's the GK module... I don't think it is JomSocial's fault. I guess. :)
The website is this one.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Thanks for giving me the link, however I can't connect to the site now, there is some problem with connecting to your server at the moment, I will get back to check it again later.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am
Don Lee wrote:Thanks for giving me the link, however I can't connect to the site now, there is some problem with connecting to your server at the moment, I will get back to check it again later.

Cheers,

Any luck?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm
I can make it like this http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/511/3366523217.jpg

I know it's not perfect but we could solve the problem with just a small change in css.

In order to do that, add this code to CSS Override:
Code: Select all
.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_avatar img, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderRight, .gk_js_member_wrap, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderBottom, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderTop, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderLeft, .gk_js_members_main .gk_js_avatar{
width: 100%!important;
}
.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_avatar > span{
text-align: center!important;
}

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 am
Don Lee wrote:I can make it like this http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/511/3366523217.jpg

I know it's not perfect but we could solve the problem with just a small change in css.

In order to do that, add this code to CSS Override:
.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_avatar img, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderRight, .gk_js_member_wrap, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderBottom, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderTop, .gk_js_member_wrap .gkIsHeaderLeft, .gk_js_members_main .gk_js_avatar{
width: 100%!important;
}
.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_avatar > span{
text-align: center!important;
}

Cheers,

Thanks, I will use this until I'll find something that center crop it.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 pm
I will work with developers and will let you know if we have any better solution.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 am
Don Lee wrote:I will work with developers and will let you know if we have any better solution.

Cheers,

Thank you!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:20 pm
To maintain separation between users and centering images I've applied this override:
a.gk_js_avatar { overflow:hidden; }
a.gk_js_avatar img { display:block; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; }

This will also crop any image larger than username div to avoid overlap with others.
Fresh Boarder