Main menu disappears when logged in

GK User
Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:55 pm
I have tested this in your quick start file as well as my own fresh install and i get the same problem. The main menu works perfectly but as soon as i login to jomsocial (or Joomla user) the main menu is just white with no links. All other menus are fine, its just the main menu and as soon as i log out the menu reappears.

I cant check the main menu permissions as they are not set in module manager but in the template config.
I am using the most up to date Jomsocial,Party Freak template and Joomla 1.7.3.

Any chance of a little guidance on this matter?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 pm
Hi

I need to see it live. Please show me Your page and guide what to do to see the issue.

GK User
Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:56 am
My site is in production so not online but you can see it simply by installing your quickstart file and try to log in front end. The main menu disappears.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:25 am
This bug is confirmed, it happens with my installation too, please allow me some time to debug and give you solution.

Thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 am
My solution:

- Open: \templates\gk_party_freak\lib\menu\GKBase.class.php

- Find (line 78):

Code: Select all
if ($v->access >= $aid) {

- Change to:

Code: Select all
if ($v->access <= $aid) {
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 pm
Wow as simple as that. well spotted. Thank you very much for a speed response. :D
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:25 pm
Looks like this issue has returned in the recent template update (2.5). I just installed a fresh quickinstall and the problem is back :unsure:
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 pm
Please apply my fix again. I informed our developers about this already but they seem to yet to implement this fix for new version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 pm
I'm guessing this is still an issue? I installed the new 1.7 version and the menu is blank white with no menu whatsoever. Kind of disappointing actually, as I thought this would be resolved by now.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 pm
Please help!!!

After applying the fix listed below to GKBase.class.php ... I am now getting the following error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/rijoey12/public_html/templates/gk_party_freak/lib/menu/GKBase.class.php on line 369

The only change I've made is to line 78 which is listed below for the correction of the menu appearing blank when logged in.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm
serinachase wrote:Please help!!!

After applying the fix listed below to GKBase.class.php ... I am now getting the following error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/rijoey12/public_html/templates/gk_party_freak/lib/menu/GKBase.class.php on line 369

The only change I've made is to line 78 which is listed below for the correction of the menu appearing blank when logged in.

Can you PM me your FTP access then I can check what are wrong with the file?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm
Hi Don,

I went ahead and switched to a fresh install of Music City because I couldn't get the menu to work but thank you for the assistance offered. I do have a minor issue that I posted in Music City if you could take a look when available in reference to offline color scheme. Thank you. :)

Don Lee wrote:
serinachase wrote:Please help!!!

Can you PM me your FTP access then I can check what are wrong with the file?
Fresh Boarder