Problems with Joomla articles

GK User
Sun May 13, 2012 3:39 pm
Hi

I'm having problems with menu and native joomla article. When I click on it it displayes error
JHtmlContent: : prepare not found in file.

Article is published, menu is connected, everything is ok. I have the same site on other language and it works great.

Even if I make new article, and new menu item and connect them it still shows this error. K2 articles and frontpage is working fine.

I checked content.php in libraries, and its the same as on another site that works ok.

transfers.hr/en -> site with error
transfers.hr -> site that works great

Menu items - Airport and private transfers and Contact us

Could you please take a look? I can send you login data on some email if you need it.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 am
Could you switch to default Joomla template and check whether you get still this message ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 14, 2012 1:34 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Could you switch to default Joomla template and check whether you get still this message ?

Hi

I changed to default template, and there are no problems with article display, and there is no error message.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 am
Could you tell me what is your template version (version tag in templateDetails.xml file)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am
Version is 2.7.

Is that important, because the same template version is on website that works normally?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 am
Did you create the menu structure according to description on our wiki ? You should have two 'home' menu items for particular languages.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 am
Two sites are completely separated. Separate folders and separate databases, so no need for two home menu items, nor is that source of the problem.

Could I please send you login info on PM. I believe that you will solve this issue with one look at backend or ftp :)

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am
Hi

Did you find time to look into it? I really need to get this fixed.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 21, 2012 10:46 am
Yes, please send me admin details via PM (include forum thread in message).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am
I've sent you access data, but we handled problem differently. Also, we had problems with duplicate articles. We needed a quick resolution, so we used K2 instead of native joomla.

Something is buggy here, don't know if its because of template or joomla bugs, but you sholud definently look into it.

I'm not satisfied with your support bkrztuk.
Mr. Don Lee for example, handled problems with ease and with quick responses.
You on the other hand are slow and uninterested in customers problems. We are dealing with this problem for over 10 days. Really bad for Gavick reputation.

Regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 9:52 am
Yes I get your details days ago and see totally different source for articles, you wrote about Joomla articles and now I see you use K2 content, please in short words tell me what problem you have now.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 10:32 am
Like I said in my previous post.

Grgantov wrote: Also, we had problems with duplicate articles. We needed a quick resolution, so we used K2 instead of native joomla.

Native Joomla articles still have problems with duplicate content, and with 500 error from the beginning of this support ticket.

Problems are still there, but our client needs functioning website, so we changed yesterday to k2 articles/items.

I've made "TEST FOR GAVICK" menu item in footer menu of this website
http://www.transfers.hr/en/

This menu item is connected to native joomla article named "TEST FOR GAVICK".

When you click on it, it shows 500 error.

Please try to find out what is the problem. Access data that I've sent you before is still active.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 am
The problem with duplicated articles is related with wrong cache configuration (I've checked this on your backend) please configure everything like it is described here >> https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ce-plugin/ then please let me know when you finish then I'll try to fix this message problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 pm
This worked!

You should also mention that plugin "System-Cache" needs to be published and cache (conservative) should be set to ON in global configuration.
By default it's set off (quickstart)

Thank for help bkrztuk

bkrztuk wrote:The problem with duplicated articles is related with wrong cache configuration (I've checked this on your backend) please configure everything like it is described here >> https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ce-plugin/ then please let me know when you finish then I'll try to fix this message problem.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 31, 2012 7:55 am
Our wiki is really high quality knowledge base, worth to check when you have any problem next time :)
Platinum Boarder