How to Download and Upload/Install Appsite Template mac os x

Memovie Joomla Template support forum for Joomla 1.5 only.
GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:37 pm
i downloaded several zip files of the appsite theme template from joomla site (gk_appsite_j!15.zip) etc but i don't know which file i choose in order to upload it to my joomla administrators area

i have tried selecting the hole folder (gk_appsite_j!15.zip) but when i press choose it just opens the folder so i have tried choosing several files but on my joomla administrator page it says Unknown Archive Type please can someone tell me which file i should choose in order to upload this appsite template to my joomla site please
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 am
if you have already installed joomla 1.5 from joomla.org then you only need to download and install "gk_appsite_J!15.zip" . Installed from Joomla Admin Panel.

If joomla is given you errors while installing template you can do manual install, simply extract the contents and transfer all files and folders to your joomla templates folder. See below for folder structure.
Root is your websites entry level.
Code: Select all
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteadmin
Roottemplatesgk_appsitecss
Roottemplatesgk_appsitefonts
Roottemplatesgk_appsitehtml
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteimages
Roottemplatesgk_appsitejs
Roottemplatesgk_appsitelayouts
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteless
Roottemplatesgk_appsitelibs
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteoptions
Roottemplatesgk_appsitecomponent.php
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteerror.php
Roottemplatesgk_appsitefavicon.ico
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteindex.html
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteindex.php
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteoffline.php
Roottemplatesgk_appsiteparams.ini
Roottemplatesgk_appsitetemplate_thumbnail.png
Roottemplatesgk_appsitetemplateDetails.xml

You also need to copy file "en-GB.tpl_gk_appsite.ini" which is in extracted folder into below folder so it looks same as below.
Code: Select all
Rootlanguageen-GBen-GB.tpl_gk_appsite.ini

Now Appsite should be selectable from Joomla Admin > Extensions > Template Manager. Please note you will still need to setup modules/menus etc to make it look like demo website...

If you want to start from scratch and have the demo look then you need to download and install "gk_appsite_quickstart_J!15.zip". Installed by extracting all files/folders and transferring them to your websites root. Then you need to start installation by going to website url and starting installation just like standard joomla installation.

Any additional styles if available such as jomsocial or kunena will be in "gk_appsite_rest_files_J!15.zip" which includes additional readme.txt for style installations.

If you are still having problems let us know.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder