Migration from TWN2 to joomla 2 News

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:15 am
Guys i have anothe question

when i have my site on joomla 2.5 and template TWN2 - is it a some kind of possiblities to migrate with all articles and cvategories from K2 to another stie but in joomla 3

i meant that i want to migrate to NEWS template on Joomla 3.2 but i do not know how to export all articels and categories and import to new template.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 pm
Hi,
yes - but it request a migration and just just simple copy and paste. I can only give you few tips, more about migration you will find in few articles on the web.

1) make a full copy
2) use update button
3) Install new version of template for J3.2
4) Install or reinstall all components and modules

p.s.
But more important question is --- are you really sure that right now you want to use J3.2 ? maybe wait 2 months when Joomla! 3.3 more stable version will be ready.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:00 pm
I`m not sure about version 3.2 - your template in verson QuickStart News is now on joomla 3.2 thats why i`m asking about joomla 3.2

how to do this copy and paste ? cose i hope that you do not talking about copy and paste article after article - becouse 2,5k articles one by one copy and paste will take a very loooong time.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:02 pm
Second solution....
On JED you will find few extension which can help with export-import operations.
However, regardless of the method you will use - it will take some time , those operations are never easy.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:05 pm
how to do this copy and paste ?

(1) Make a copy of current site,
(2) Recover on sub-domain
(3) migrate/update to J3.2,
(4) now use PHPMyAdmin to copy selected tables and use FTP to copy all images -- to second website

If you do not want to do this alone - you can hire somebody.
Platinum Boarder