rss feed is blank

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:42 pm
hi, i am trying to add my rss feed to directories, i have a number of rss feeds that i have had to get from the categories but i do not know how to have a main rss feed which i can put on every page and for directories to pick up

example, i just tried an directory and it gives me the choice of using this feed

http://www.in2town.co.uk/feed/rss

it automatically found it on my site but it is blank.

i would like to know how to get all my feeds into this feed and then display it on all my page.

an example of a page is here

http://www.in2town.co.uk/celebrities-in ... -30-months

now there is now rss feed showing but if i go to the category section of the site one shows, which is here

http://www.in2town.co.uk/celebrities-in-the-news

i would like all the rss feeds rolled into one and for the directories to automatically pick it up when i go to promote the feed

any help would be great
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:18 pm
Hi

Im not 100% sure if i understand you. Are you trying to present a page with links to multiple RSS feeds from your site? I would use weblinks component for that.

GK User
Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:57 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Im not 100% sure if i understand you. Are you trying to present a page with links to multiple RSS feeds from your site? I would use weblinks component for that.

what i would like is for each page of my site including the home page to show the rss feed logo and when people press that they can then see all the stories and subscribe to it
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 am
Hi

Ok. So I'm still not sure if this is what You are asking for, but K2 categories layout got an RSS icon already, so You just need to publish it in category or menu item settings.

Can You show me an example of such page, I still think I'm discribing a different thing.

GK User
Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:55 am

Ok. So I'm still not sure if this is what You are asking for, but K2 categories layout got an RSS icon already, so You just need to publish it in category or menu item settings.

Can You show me an example of such page, I still think I'm discribing a different thing.

i have looked in the menu section and found nothing, i do not use category for my articles, instead for each section like this

http://www.in2town.co.uk/Holiday-News

i just use it like a new home page if you get what i mean
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:58 am
in2town wrote:

i have looked in the menu section and found nothing, i do not use category for my articles, instead for each section like this

http://www.in2town.co.uk/Holiday-News

i just use it like a new home page if you get what i mean

just found the rss feed in the menu but it says it will show in the address bar which it does not, what i would like to happen is for the rss button to show at the top of the site to encourage people to have the feed
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 am
Hi

Ok. I get what You mean now. If site is constructed this way than I'm afraid the only option will be to present this RSS in module published in one of the upper positions. You can generate this rss url and publish with regular Mod_Custom module or try if K2_contetn or K2_tools doen't support such option. Unfortunatelly I could not check because the account You have me last time is blocked now.

GK User
Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 am

Ok. I get what You mean now. If site is constructed this way than I'm afraid the only option will be to present this RSS in module published in one of the upper positions. You can generate this rss url and publish with regular Mod_Custom module or try if K2_contetn or K2_tools doen't support such option. Unfortunatelly I could not check because the account You have me last time is blocked now.

cheers for that. i change it every couple of days but more than happy to send it to you
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:29 am
Hi

I've just tried but still cannot log in. Have You send me a new access or just activated old one ? I checked all 3 I got, none is working.

GK User
Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:45 pm

I've just tried but still cannot log in. Have You send me a new access or just activated old one ? I checked all 3 I got, none is working.

i have just put the password in again incase i typed it wrong so should work now
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 am
Hi

Now it worked :)

OK. In K2_content module You have an option to show an rss feed link. Which means that this module will be perfect for this assignment. Just configure one such module for each page and set is as source this categories You need. Than I'm not 100% sure but setting every other option to hide any detail of the article should result in showing just RSS icon feed for this page. Next and last step is to publish this module somewhere on this page. That's all.

PS: If this will not work and articles needs to be shown in order to be part of the feed, just configure it to show and tell me url to the exmplample module. I'll make it not visible with css script.

GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Now it worked :)

OK. In K2_content module You have an option to show an rss feed link. Which means that this module will be perfect for this assignment. Just configure one such module for each page and set is as source this categories You need. Than I'm not 100% sure but setting every other option to hide any detail of the article should result in showing just RSS icon feed for this page. Next and last step is to publish this module somewhere on this page. That's all.

PS: If this will not work and articles needs to be shown in order to be part of the feed, just configure it to show and tell me url to the exmplample module. I'll make it not visible with css script.

i have done that here, http://www.in2town.co.uk/latest-news-headlines as i cannot get it to work on each page of my site, but i am trying to work out how to get the images to show in feeds to other sites as well
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:45 am
Hi

In k2 settings you should have a tab for feeds only. There you will be able to configure which elements to show.