Are these errors fixable and has anyone done it

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:10 pm
Hi, i love the world news template, but i have put it through an seo tool here http://www.woorank.com/en/www/in2town.co.uk

and it says i have a number of errors with the template which includes the below. I would like to know if anyone has come across this on their site and if so how did they fix them. I have noticed that google is having trouble getting to my site so i hope if i fix these that i can then get google to visit more often

says i need to fix code in the syntax

and it goes on here about the erros

Validation Output: 5 Errors

1 error

Error Line 2, Column 14: there is no attribute "prefix"

<html prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

2 error

Line 215, Column 198: there is no attribute "data-direction"

…="nspMain nspFs100" id="nsp-nsp_1058" style="width:100%;" data-direction="ltr">

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

error 3

Line 587, Column 105: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

…r"><span id="module932">Animal Health & Lifestyle</span></h3><div class="conte…

This message may appear in several cases:

You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "&lt;"
You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&amp;", which is always safe.
Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.

error 4

Line 680, Column 96: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

…ss="header"><span id="module907">LIFE & STYLE</span></h3><div class="content">…

This message may appear in several cases:

You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "&lt;"
You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&amp;", which is always safe.
Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.

error5

Line 819, Column 265: document type does not allow element "p" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

…Selling Advertising On Their Planes</a></h4><p class="nspText tleft fright"><p>

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

error 6

Line 821, Column 3: document type does not allow element "p" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

<p>

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

error 7

Line 829, Column 3: document type does not allow element "p" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

<p>

any help in understanding this and instructions on how to solve it would be great.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 am
site validator is just a guideline and should be used with understanding. Things that You mentioned above should have nothing to do with google having problem with indexing your site.

GK User
Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 am
Cyberek wrote:site validator is just a guideline and should be used with understanding. Things that You mentioned above should have nothing to do with google having problem with indexing your site.

should i ignore them or should i get them sorted
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:34 pm
That tool is outdated, it does not validate correctly for sites using CSS3, I'm sure that those issues do not affect to your site's on-page SEO at all, so just ignore them.
Platinum Boarder